It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:44 pm 

Hi all,

Is there a way to have the MSS to collect photos, music, etc. from my Macbook? I can't get this to work unless I do import my new photos into the server manually. Looking forward to see my MSS get the files from my MAC.

Thanks,

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:42 pm 
Founder
Founder

Unfortunately there is not a built-in functionality for Mac such as the Media Collector. If you'd like I can move this topic to the Mac forum with the hope that someone has an idea on a sync tool that you could use to accomplish this.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:03 pm 

Good idea. Hopefully find a way to avoid the need of manually managing my pictures.

Thanks,
Albert

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

avopr wrote:
Good idea. Hopefully find a way to avoid the need of manually managing my pictures.

Thanks,
Albert

One way you could do this is to use a sync application on your Mac to do a sync of your photo folder on the Mac with a sub folder under the photos share on the WHS.

I go about this a different way. I don't want to manage any files locally on my Mac if I can help it. I simply have all of my photos, videos, documents, etc, on the MSS and use the Mac to access them on the appropriate share.

If you are using iPhoto this is pretty easy to do. Simply copy your entire photo folder along with the iPhoto library (which should be in the iPhoto folder anyway) over to a folder on the WHS.

Open iPhoto while holding down the "option" key on the Mac. It should ask you what library you want to use. Just open the one on the MSS and you should be good to go.

Thanks