It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:40 pm 

My EX487 just arrived and I have recently integrated it into my network of both mac powerpc g5, imac and windows xp computer. My Macs are using OSX 10.5.6 and I ran the software on each computer, so I am able to connect to the server, however, when I add a file from my windows machine onto the server drive (dual 750g) I can't see the recently added folders or files from my mac.... not until I disconnect the server connection and then reconnect to the server will the newly added files show up in my macs finder or appear when opening a file using a specific program. I even tried to "map the drive" on my mac to no evail...

It doesnt matter whether I run the console and add a folder or use my pc and add a folder, both times they are not showing up on my macs until I disconnect, then reconnect the drive on my mac. Really dissapointing, the ability to access files on the fly from both systems was one of the main reasons why I forked out $900 bucks for this thing. If I have to continually reconnect when working on files from my Mac I might as well return this and go back to having a shared drive from my pc.

BTW, I have shared out those specific folders, enabled folder duplication, given full access... im using 1 user account for both my pc and mac connections. Adding a folder or file from my mac is seen instantly using my pc...

Anybody have the same issues here? I must say that I am happy that HP is recognizing the need to integrate Macs, however they have a long way to go to give Mac users the same kind of access and functionality that windows users get, without the bugs that is. Lets hope they keep pushing forward...

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:09 am 
Founder
Founder

The network access is strictly SMB, HP does not do any "magic" to make it work with the Mac. I'd suspect there's some kind of client configuration option or client firewall that's causing the Mac to not see the changes to the server without a forced reconnect.

In my link, see Note number 12, perhaps this will help gain some insight into the issue:
Quote:
12. When troubleshooting an SMB connection issue, try checking the Console, which is located in the Utilities folder. The Console log may help advanced users identify an issue.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:03 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

This refresh issue is an Mac OS problem. I ran into this multiple times not involving WHS. It is definitely not the WHS that is at fault. Mac are great, but not without flaws.

Thanks