It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:47 pm 

I just upgraded my EX495 to WHS 2011, but did not make a copy of the HP MSS Client.dmg software. I now have two macs that I am unable to connect to the WHS 2011 EX495 as it says that I already have the connector installed.

I have the 3 restore disk that came with the EX495, but I would prefer to not restore the EX495 just to get the HP MSS Client.dmg software.

My question is if anyone can tell me how to get the HP MSS Client.dmg software so that I can uninstall the connector?

Also, I have tired to manually remove the connector but each time I reboot the /library/preference/com.hp.mss.client.plist file returns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm 
Founder
Founder

PM sent. 8)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm 

Thank you!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 pm 

yakuza,

I uninstalled the HP software, rebooted, checked to make sure the plist files were removed and then tried to install the new WHS 2011 Connector software. To my dismay it is still telling me that I can not connect the mac to the WHS 2011 as it is already connected to this machine.

Do you have any idea what I need to do to manually remove all traces of the old connector so that I can install the 2011 connector?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm 
Founder
Founder

I'm sorry but I have no idea, I find it very surprising that the HP Connector would cause the WHS Connector to fail to install. I'd suggest doing a Google search on the exact error message you are receiving and see if others have reported a similar issue with a solution. Let us know what you find or if you need help searching.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:45 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

When I upgraded my EX495, my install of the new WHS 2011 connector software software failed until I ran the HP uninstall and rebooted (from the Mac side). I had no issues with it on Win7. I followed the instructions in the WHS 2011 Unleashed book. Also for a Mac (OSX 10.6), make sure you download the RDC 2.1 software (I found the 2.0 and earlier versions didn't work anymore).

Did you try to reboot the server too? I also manually removed all the old HP startup items from the control panel before I did the uninstall as I thought that would be good enough, but it was not. That's when I ran the uninstall. Are you sure the uninstall ran without a problem (are the HP startup items gone)?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:21 am 

I have the same problem as expand36 which is I cannot remove com.hp.mss.client.plist as it is a locked file on my Mac. I can no longer see my WHS on the network (another story) and think it's time to de-activate it but I would like to remove the HP client from my Mac. I need to do it manually and not via WHS.

The advice from apple.com as to removing locked files didn't help as the files returned again. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am 

yakuza posted the uninstall dmg on another thread. All set now. Thanks.

Thanks