It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 am 

Hi folks, new on the forums, but not to MSS.net or to WHS ... I've been using Quattro full-time since PP1 in summer 2008, and currently have an EX490 and an X310.

I'm guessing based on what I read here and over on SmallNetBuilder*, the age of being able to seamlessly do Time Machine backups to WHS is over. As much as I am annoyed by HP's decision here, I'm trying to focus on some of the practical issues, and one of those is recovering the data stored in the .macbackup file.

As far as I can tell, it's not a .DMG and it's not a .ISO file. Does anyone have any idea what kind of file it is or has anyone had any success in pulling the data stored there out?

*Sorry, I'd post links to the articles, but it doesn't seem like URLs are supported here? Weird.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm 
Founder
Founder

New users can't post links until after 2 posts as a spam prevention method.

The .macbackup file a sparse bundle file used by Time Machine to store the backups. The Support documents on the HP site describe how to recover data: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... ct=3969717

Thanks