It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:19 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I have a new 2011 Macbook Pro and I cant seem to mount the drive on this computer (wireless)? I can access the drive by going to finder and log in with the user name and password but when I went to in stall the software, it partitioned the server to the correct size but will not start? That is typically where it creates a drive on the desktop correct?

I also have a second IMac that is working with no problem wireless.

Thanks

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 pm 

I had the same issue last weekend; the HP software does not support the 64-bit kernel that these machines use by default. You'll need to switch kernels (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3773) in order to get everything set up.

I used the "hold 3 and 2" method so next time I reboot it'll go back to 64-bit. I haven't yet seen whether it'll continue to work now that it's set up, or whether I need to boot in 32-bit every time.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Behodar wrote:
I had the same issue last weekend; the HP software does not support the 64-bit kernel that these machines use by default. You'll need to switch kernels (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3773) in order to get everything set up.

I used the "hold 3 and 2" method so next time I reboot it'll go back to 64-bit. I haven't yet seen whether it'll continue to work now that it's set up, or whether I need to boot in 32-bit every time.

HP's kext is a 32 bit kext and I would not expect it to work inside a 64 bit kernel. Since the MediaSmart Server is discontinued, I would not expect driver updates from HP.

Thanks