It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I have the oppurtunity to buy an E5200 (SLB9N) pulled from an EX495, and was wondering if anyone had used one in an EX485/7 upgrade? I've read about thee5200's upgrade guide/steps here on the site, but it only mentions the SLAY7, QFHQ, and SLB9T sSpec versions. Does anyone know of anyone else that's done this? Any idea if it would be as easy as the SLAY7 M0 (straight drop in, no bios udpate/editing required)?

Thanks!
phil.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:45 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

The short answer is yes it will work but with a few issues.

You need to make some of the bios changes. Still unclear that even with bios changes whether or not you will have the shutdown issues.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I got the E5200 (SLB9N) installed and running on my EX485 over the past weekend. I had to modify the BIOS but thankfully there was the great guide here on this site to step me through everything. I use my EX485 to record OTA TV using SageTV and an HDHomerun, with the stock CPU I had no problems recording or view OTA TV. The reason for the upgrade was that when I was streaming Netflix or other online content (via PlayOn) and something was recording from OTA, the OTA would have recording skips/pixellated(sp?) every 30-60sec and basically make that recording unwatchable (never had any issues w/ the video quality from the online content I was streaming at the same time though). The dual core E5200 handles both recording OTA and streaming Netflix at the same time flawlessly.

Thanks