It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the HP mediaserver and have a question about how to connect it to my hd tv.

what I have is a HP EX485 that is connected to my D-Link DIR-655 router, what I want to do is connect it to my tv via wi-fi. I understand that I need some sort of media extender but which one/type.

can anyone recommend wi-fi media extender that is really simple to use and setup as well as being really robust, I don't want anything that is going to crash etc...oh and cheep is good.

thank you for your help.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 pm 

Hi suki welcome to the forums!!!

There are many Media Extenders or Players that you can purchase to connect to your TV so that you can stream your media from your server to your TV. While a wireless connection will work most will agree a wired network connection is more reliable.

If you visit the REVIEWS area on this site you will see many of these devices reviewed by DAMIAN the resident expert who knows more about this stuff then I do. All of his reviews are straight forward, easy to follow and very detailed.

I use a WD TV Live which has both component and HDMI outputs and can stream 1080p and can stream some internet content. There is the ASUS OPlay, Popcorn Hour, Sage TV, Extremer just to name a few and more always comming to the market. Probably the best way but most expensive is an HTPC where you connect a small low profile computer dedicated to streaming content to your TV and DAMIAN has written articles on how to build them and has reviewed a wide range of software that you can use with an HDTV and your server to maximize and simplify your viewing pleasure.

So take your time and read DAMIANs which can be found in the REVIEWS, NEWS and I believe the GUIDEs Areas on this site. Then you will have more information then could of ever asked for.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks