It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 am 

The new media collector gives you the ability to specify a custom location where the app would search for music/photos/videos.

Clicking Custom brings up the hard drives installed on the client computer. However, when I click on the node to expand and drill down to the specific folder where I want data to be collected from, the nodes disappear but do not expand. (See Screenshots below.) Has anyone seen this?

I don't want to use default "Pictures" or "My Pictures" locations because that is located on my primary HDD which is only 100GB. (not enough space). Adding new locations on a D drive and setting it as the default save location in the Library doesn't solve the problem. WHS will only copy from the original library location even if it is removed from the library. (If anyone knows how to tweak this, let me know please)

I don't want the application to search the entire computer either. That would backup irrelevant data.

Any Ideas?

Attachments:
media1.jpg
media1.jpg [ 25.2 KiB | Viewed 5030 times ]
media2.jpg
media2.jpg [ 16.26 KiB | Viewed 5030 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:33 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Is changing the location of the My Documents, My Pictures, etc. folder on the client computer an option? I know that doesn't resolve your issue with the Media Collector but it would eliminate the 100GB barrier of your primary hard disk drive. I've change the default location on my media center and wife's computers to take advantage of larger hard disk drives with great results.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :)
Dave

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:42 pm 

DaveBey wrote:
Is changing the location of the My Documents, My Pictures, etc. folder on the client computer an option? I know that doesn't resolve your issue with the Media Collector but it would eliminate the 100GB barrier of your primary hard disk drive. I've change the default location on my media center and wife's computers to take advantage of larger hard disk drives with great results.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :)
Dave

Dave I removed the default location from my Library and added my D-drive location. I also set it as the default save location. However, whenever I run the media collector, it copies data only from the original locations (even though I removed them) How did you configure yours?

PS: I'm running Windows 7

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I just tried this option on a xp sp3 box and it does not work either.
I am using a ex490 with hp v3 pack 3.
Looks like it is broken now.

Dune HD Connect
Rasberry PI OSMC(KODI)
ReadyNAS RN316
Amazon FireStick
Amazon ECHO
AnyDvD
MyMovies

Thanks