It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

HP Video Converter has been working fine for several months. The other day I dropped several more videos (taken with the same camera as before, in the same format as before) into the VIDEOS folder, but they didn't show up when I logged into MEDIA STREAMER. In fact, most of the other videos that were already there had disappeared. I logged into the console and checked the HP Video Converter section and it showed that all of the new videos had converted and it showed the older videos too. Wondering if I had hit some sort of "maximum number of videos" limit, I removed all of the videos from the VIDEOS folder. I then deleted all videos from the CONVERTED VIDEOS\HQ\VIDEOS folder and the CONVERTED VIDEOS\MQ\VIDEOS folder. I then checked Media Streamer and it didn't show any videos at all, which is to be expected. I then checked the HP Video Converter section in the console and it still shows ALL of the converted videos, even though I had deleted them from the CONVERTED VIDEOS folders. I don't see any way to delete them from the Video Converter section in the Console. I then copied back several of the original videos back into the VIDEOS folder, but nothing happens. It doesn't convert them and put them into the CONVERTED VIDEOS folder, apparently because Video Converter thinks they have already been converted.

So, how do I REALLY clear out the old converted videos and start from scratch? And is there truly a limit as to the number of videos you can have? I had 20 or so before I ran into this problem.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Have you tried copying/moving the converted videos (i.e. the output of the Video Converter) to another folder that you also have set up for streaming? I have almost the exact same behavior, but with only 5-6 videos converted so far.

All the converted videos are in the "converted" folder, the conversions appear successful, and the folder is setup for streaming, but only the first two videos I converted ever show up in the "Converted Videos" folder when streaming. Every video I've converted after that is not shown over streaming. When I moved the converted videos from the "Converted Videos" share to my "Videos" share, they suddenly showed up. My guess is it's actually a streaming problem, not a conversion problem as the converted videos appear to be fine other than not showing up on the PS3.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I have found that if I rename the videos and drop them back into the VIDEOS folder they will convert and show up just fine. Not sure why it decided to no longer show the original videos though.

Thanks