It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm 

I just finished installing 4 new hard drives in the EX485. They were put in at the same time, and I were using the server recovery disk with restore to default option to set them up.

Everything is OK but I do have a dumb question about the hard drive ordering.

If you look at the screen shot, from top to bottom you will see Bay 2, Bay 4, Bay 3 then 1. Should they be in order such as Bay 4, Bay 3, Bay 2 then Bay 1? or they are just fine?

This is my fist home server so I hope you guy will put up with a lot of dumb questions? :oops:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

They're fine. The location labels on the drives in the Server Storage tab are correct with Bay 1 being the bottom bay (System Drive), and bay 4 being the top bay. The drive order will never be "in order" under the Server Storage tab. If you add more drives to your MSS via external enclosures, you may see the drives internal to the MSS mixed up with the drives in the external enclosure. That's just something we've all come to live with. If you install the Disk Management add-in, you should see the drives ordered correctly and you'll also see some additional drive temperature and disk activity info that can be useful at times.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank cavediver for this post
Wholesomer