It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:02 pm 

This is the 2nd time this has happened. ALL lights on the front are slowly pulsing blue. I have reinstalled the server software and it's still happening.

A couple months ago HP told me to do a full factory reset as they suspected there was a hardware/software glitch. The factory reset cleaned up the problem.

2 months later though, I've got the slowly pulsing blue lights happening again. Am I the only one, or are there others .... ?

Daniel
Sudbury, Canada

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:56 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I am running into the same problem. There was something wrong with my EX485, and I did a server reset and reinstalled the s/w on the box. I never had this slow pulsing lights, but now it is on non stop and doesn't stop.

Further the LED slider does not work anymore. It is just 1 intensity and it keeps pulsating back and forth.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks,

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm 
Founder
Founder

I've never heard of this. A reboot doesn't resolve it? Does the Application Event Viewer on the server show any errors?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

After I posted my response, I searched around and in the "Trouble Shooting" forums I found out that, the blinking light means an incomplete install. So the OS may be up and available, but the installer did not finish some tasks. In my case I noticed the "WOL" functionality was not enabled etc.

I was having issues getting the server recovery/factory reset done as it would get stuck at 34% for 2-3 hours. There was no network activity in my EX485. This happened after 1 sever reset followed by multiple factory resets(stuck at 34% for 3-4 hours). Please note, I was trying to do the restore from a Windows 7 system initially, but I also tried from a laptop running XP but ran into the same issues.

I extend my network to upstairs using a MOCA bridge, so I finally gave up and physically moved the machine to a switch which is also connected to my iMac(running Fusion/XP with networking in bridged mode) and did the factory reset all over again. This time over the factory reset+full install was complete in just about 45-50 minutes. Now the machine is functioning properly and all is well :-)

Thanks