It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi everyone,

I am considering replacing the system hard drive on my 485 and I need some advice.

I have had my server for about 2 years now, so there is data stored on the system drive. In fact, for some reason, the system drive has the most out of all 3 of my drives (I attached a pic of what my storage looks like). I'm assuming this is because it was the only disc I had in the server for a while?

Anyway, I am constantly getting a message from the Home Server Console saying that my system drive needs to be repaired. I am able to repair it every time without incident, but I am worried that it is just a matter of time before it gives out.

So here is my problem: I need a somewhat step by step walk-through on how to go about replacing my system drive. I understand that I need to do a system restore, but what are the steps leading up to that? Do I put the new system drive in bay 4 before I start and then run system restore? Do I need to do anything in the Console to tell the server that I will be removing the hard drive? How do I get the data off of my system drive before I remove it?

I really appreciate any help that you can give me. I have searched the forum and have found similar topics but none that have a step by step walk-through that answers my questions.

Regards,

-Lou

Attachments:
mss drives.JPG
mss drives.JPG [ 50.97 KiB | Viewed 2553 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!