It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

It's actually run on each client PC. Normally if you remove the computer from collecting in the media collector tab, that wont gather. If it doesnt work, you can disable the task in task scheduler (vista) or scheduled tasks (xp). Should be called "compname-mediaAgg" or similar.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

mogwai wrote:
It's actually run on each client PC. Normally if you remove the computer from collecting in the media collector tab, that wont gather. If it doesnt work, you can disable the task in task scheduler (vista) or scheduled tasks (xp). Should be called "compname-mediaAgg" or similar.

Any advice on why the Media Collector on my system has stopped working correctly? It has worked fine up until this point, but for some reason when I add new music to my computer it does not collect it. I went into the task manager and ran the task manually and it collected all of my files. I then added some new files to my laptop and when I got up this morning the Media Collector had still not picked them up. This is very frustrating since it worked perfectly when I first got it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

LouDog0102: If it runs manually no problem, then you've just got a problem with the task not executing. You might want to check that the task is actually set to run (opposite of what I recommended above) automatically and at a predetermined interval. I believe it's set to start every 5 minutes (which in my opinion places too much load on the client PC) so you may want to change the schedule of it to run every hour.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:29 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

mogwai wrote:
LouDog0102: If it runs manually no problem, then you've just got a problem with the task not executing. You might want to check that the task is actually set to run (opposite of what I recommended above) automatically and at a predetermined interval. I believe it's set to start every 5 minutes (which in my opinion places too much load on the client PC) so you may want to change the schedule of it to run every hour.

Thank you for the response. After reading this and digging around in the forums a while I decided to open up Task Scheduler on my laptop and check on the task again. It was still there but I noticed it hadn't run since I manually ran it last night. So, I went in and edited the task to run 5 minutes in the future and to re-run every 15 minutes. That seemed to fix the problem and it's been running fine ever since.

The original task was created on the day I set up the media server and had been continuously running since then. I guess something interrupted it or threw it off somehow and it just needed to be pushed along a little bit :D

Thanks again for you help

Now I'm off to the troubleshooting thread to ask about another problem :roll: :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm 

I have had no luck for the past few days trying to find out why Media Collector will not run correctly. I have identified the error by looking at my log, but I am not quite sure how to remedy this issue.
Aggregating at 12:59:00 AM on 9/30/2010
Aggregating for user Jose on MORA01-PC
ServerName is ****-HPSVR
Getting last run time
Loading configuration
Error during configuration load
Error during configuration load
Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions IP_ADDRESS:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at MediaAggregationLibrary.MediaMgrConfig.LoadConfig(String serverName)
Completed aggregation

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 am 
Founder
Founder

Sounds like the HP web service isn't set up right for some reason, or is being blocked by the firewall. Have you made any changes to the web server setup? Is Remote Access enabled?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 pm 

I have an EX 490 and my mediaAgg.exe file is not in Scheduler. For some reason my Search isn't working either, can some one tell me where to find mediaAgg.exe? It's not in C:/Program Files/ Hewlett Packard/HP Media Server.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:10 am 
Founder
Founder

The Media Collector has changed a bit in the 3.0 version of the software that comes on the EX49x servers, you can find more discussion in that forum, the Media forum, or the Troubleshooting forum.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
rsattler
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 pm 

For those that have this issue on a Windows 7 machine, here's what I did:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler

Click on "Task Scheduler Library" (located directly under the main heading "Task Scheduler (local)")

Look for the task named "Owner-mediaA" (it is compressed due to the window size - the full name is viewable when you hold the cursor over the task name - "Owner-mediaAgg"). Please note that "Owner" in my case may be your user name depending on how your system was configured when you bought it or installed Windows 7...

My system had the task as Run Once (the day I installed the server - never to be run again apparently...)

If you double click on the task, it will open a dialog box (right-click then select "Properties" if you wish to open it that way) that will allow you to edit the settings for the task.

Click on the "Triggers" tab, then the "Edit" button to configure the task to run when and however often you want it to. I set mine up to run monthly at a time when I know the server will be up and running.

Click OK to save your settings.

There are other options to configure if you like, these are the only settings I changed.

After I completed the configuration, at the main Task Scheduler screen, I clicked on the "Run" button to force the app to run once now.

Works like a charm now. Hope this helps others!

BTW, my log file is located at: C:\Temp\HP MediaSmart Server\log
Logfile name: MediaAggregator_Owner.txt (again, the "Owner" tag may be your user name depending on how your system was configured...

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank rsattler for this post
yakuza