It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

After an hour worth of tweeking I managed to add Utorrent Icon to 3.0 Software Home Page. Below are the 2 files that needs to be modified with codes that need to be added. I simly replaced the server folder access icon with Utorrent Icon and replaced the codes for the folder access page in the 2 files with the codes below. Both files are located in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\ and C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\App_LocalResources. Icon files need to be located in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\images.

Default.aspx
Code:
new AppLink("<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccess" runat="server" Text="uTorrent Access" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccess" />",
                        "<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccessDesc" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccessDesc" />",
                        httpBase + '/utorrent',
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent.png",
                        "uTorrent",
                        "<%= LowerCaseString(remoteAccessEnabled) %>",
                        "<%= remoteDisabledReasonString %>",
                        "false"),

Default.aspx.resx

Code:
 <data name="uTorrentAccess.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Access uTorrent</value>
  </data>
  <data name="uTorrentAccessDesc.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Remotely connect to your Server to manage uTorrent</value>
  </data>
  <data name="and.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>{0} and {1}</value>
  </data>

Thanks to the Goldfinger for the instructions for 2.5 software.

Attachments:
Utorrent on MSS 3.0.jpg
Utorrent on MSS 3.0.jpg [ 64.52 KiB | Viewed 11736 times ]
uTorrent_2.png
uTorrent_2.png [ 5.73 KiB | Viewed 11736 times ]
uTorrent.png
uTorrent.png [ 13.7 KiB | Viewed 11736 times ]

Last edited by jumran on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks  
The following user would like to thank jumran for this post
yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I have uTorrent working on port 8180, so I have the addin settings set to http://myserver:8180/gui/ what do I need to do to make it run at https://my server.homeserver.com/utorrent ?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:58 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Diehard wrote:
I have uTorrent working on port 8180, so I have the addin settings set to http://myserver:8180/gui/ what do I need to do to make it run at https://my server.homeserver.com/utorrent ?

I assume you were referring to the 3.0 instructions. You need to modify the code for Default.aspx for line "baseURL + '/utorrent'". You can either create a webpage called "utorrent" using Whiist add-in and use iframe to direct you to utorrent webgui which is how I have it setup. Alternatively you should be able to directly link to the utorrent web gui using the following code which assumes your utorrent webgui url is http://myserver.homeserver.com:8180/gui/ where "baseURL" is the default home server webpage.

Code:
new AppLink("<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccess" runat="server" Text="uTorrent Access" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccess" />",
                        "<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccessDesc" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccessDesc" />",
                        baseURL + ':8180/gui/',
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent.png",
                        "uTorrent",
                        "false"),

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Directions are the same aside from the web page edit you can see above. Thanks jumran!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:41 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

nvm retard moment

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I need some help on this one.

I made a few errors in the regedit area by not making a new key so i decided to delete the whole utorrent regedit and start over a new install but it looks like i made a mistake and can't find the regedit for utorrent again.

Now i'm stuck... :(

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 am 

@jumran - I tried this and it didn't work, hoping for a little help, please bear with me here....

1. I assume that other than installing uTorrent and setting it to run as a service, there is no need to follow the 2.5 instructions and your changes are all that are required to change the Software Homepage.

2. Do you appened your changes to the end or the beginning of the files?

3. Do you need to restart the server after making the changes?

I added the new code to the end of the files and when I connected to the Software Homepage, I go the HP logo on top and nothing else.

Thanks

jumran wrote:
After an hour worth of tweeking I managed to add Utorrent Icon to 3.0 Software Home Page. Below are the 2 files that needs to be modified with codes that need to be added. I simly replaced the server folder access icon with Utorrent Icon and replaced the codes for the folder access page in the 2 files with the codes below. Both files are located in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\ and C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\App_LocalResources. Icon files need to be located in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\images.

Default.aspx
Code:
                        httpBase + '/utorrent',
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent_2.png",
                        "images/uTorrent.png",
                        "uTorrent",
                        "false"),

Default.aspx.resx

Code:
 <data name="uTorrentAccess.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Access uTorrent</value>
  </data>
  <data name="uTorrentAccessDesc.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Remotely connect to your Server to manage uTorrent</value>
  </data>
  <data name="and.Text" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>{0} and {1}</value>
  </data>

Thanks to the Goldfinger for the instructions for 2.5 software.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

iamsantino wrote:
@jumran - I tried this and it didn't work, hoping for a little help, please bear with me here....

1. I assume that other than installing uTorrent and setting it to run as a service, there is no need to follow the 2.5 instructions and your changes are all that are required to change the Software Homepage.

You will also need to have installed utorrrent WebUI components and make sure you either have utorrent or utorrent as a service running. See the following guide. Also you need to make sure you have the appropriate ports opened for utorrent and web access on your router/firewall. Do not proceed with any other steps until you are able to directly access Utorrrent WebUI.

http://wiki.wegotserved.com/index.php?t ... ome_Server

iamsantino wrote:
2. Do you appened your changes to the end or the beginning of the files?

I made the changes in the exact same sections of the code that I replaced (code for unused folder access icon).

iamsantino wrote:
3. Do you need to restart the server after making the changes?

Restart should no be required.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:54 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Having trouble here with the webui also.

Tried changing my port from the original randomly assigned port in uTorrent to the 8080 port as suggested earlier in this thread and it doesn't help.

Have ports forwarded in my WRT610N router and uTorrent is running fine as a service, I've set a directory which I've mapped to my laptop as the T:\ drive to drop torrent files in so they get picked up and auto download and this is all fine.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with webui being included in 2.0.2, whereas all the instructions I've read and tried to follow for 1.6.1 included installing the webui as an add-on.

Does anyone have this working with uTorrent 2.0.2? I honestly don't even care if I can't get web access working as long as it works on my LAN and I can get the home server console add in working.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have it working with uTorrent 2.0.2. The home server addin does not work with this version and is really not needed. You will need to download and install WebUi files from the following link and configure WebUi settings in uTorrent.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58156

Sicarius123 wrote:
Having trouble here with the webui also.

Tried changing my port from the original randomly assigned port in uTorrent to the 8080 port as suggested earlier in this thread and it doesn't help.

Have ports forwarded in my WRT610N router and uTorrent is running fine as a service, I've set a directory which I've mapped to my laptop as the T:\ drive to drop torrent files in so they get picked up and auto download and this is all fine.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with webui being included in 2.0.2, whereas all the instructions I've read and tried to follow for 1.6.1 included installing the webui as an add-on.

Does anyone have this working with uTorrent 2.0.2? I honestly don't even care if I can't get web access working as long as it works on my LAN and I can get the home server console add in working.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

So what's the deal with the webui settings section in utorrent from standard? Does it not actually do anything without installing the webui components as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Correct, you need to install the WebUI components or nothing will happen.

Sicarius123 wrote:
So what's the deal with the webui settings section in utorrent from standard? Does it not actually do anything without installing the webui components as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ah that makes sense then, will give it all a try when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ah, works now!

Now it seems removing admin access from the account was a bad idea, seem to of screwed up the permissions of a download doing so, fixing the admin access didn't fix the permissions, and now deleting the file it wont seem to pick it up again.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

vx2 wrote:
I need some help on this one.

I made a few errors in the regedit area by not making a new key so i decided to delete the whole utorrent regedit and start over a new install but it looks like i made a mistake and can't find the regedit for utorrent again.

Now i'm stuck... :(

Can anyone still help me with this? I mean, it's all fine, but everytime i wake it up from sleep i have to access the WHS desktop or if i'm out of town, i have to access it thru the remote console and go through advance admin to show the desktop so i can reactivate utorent.

Also, jumran, I can ugprade to 2.0.2 now? Do i just replace the libraries? Or just click .exe or have to delete/uninstall the whole program and do all the steps again?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next