It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:31 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

On the WHS

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm 

It works fine for me when i´m logged in to the server. But when im logging out it dosen´t work.
Anybody know whats wrong??

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

WiggoMan wrote:
It works fine for me when i´m logged in to the server. But when im logging out it dosen´t work.

A bit confused with your question. Are you saying it does not work when you try to access the uTorrent remotely? Are you trying to access it outside your LAN and this is what you are questioning? If so, you may not have the correct setting on your router. You need to open a port on your router so that you can access uTorrent. Hopefully I answered your concern correctly. Good luck.

NOW AMD X2 3800+ - working
2GB G.Skill
4.5TBs
WD External 1TB

EX470 (still in the box, waiting for official 2.5 update from HP)
EX485 (still in box, not sure what I will do with it)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:36 pm 

maximus wrote:
WiggoMan wrote:

A bit confused with your question. Are you saying it does not work when you try to access the uTorrent remotely? Are you trying to access it outside your LAN and this is what you are questioning? If so, you may not have the correct setting on your router. You need to open a port on your router so that you can access uTorrent. Hopefully I answered your concern correctly. Good luck.

It's working outside the network when i'm logged in as administrator. But when i'm logging off in the remote mode it´s stops working.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

WiggoMan wrote:
It's working outside the network when i'm logged in as administrator. But when i'm logging off in the remote mode it´s stops working.

I see...it looks like you have recheck your registry settings and make sure the service is set to remain on.

2GB G.Skill
4.5TBs
WD External 1TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:36 pm 

Now it´s working, don´t know how??
The last thing i did was exit utorrent restart the service and start utorrent again and it worked!
Thx a bunch maximus! :cheers:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Do all of you uTorrent users run PeerGuardian as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I'm not using PG. I've read that some have had difficulty configuring it. Are you using it?

2GB G.Skill
4.5TBs
WD External 1TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:57 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Yes I do you use. It actually blocks an awful lot of intrusive traffic from media outlets.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello All. I wanted to submit something I made to add that last bit of polish on this mod. I took the uTorrent pic that was given for the home page and modified it to have a glow. You can install it in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\images folder.

Now you can go into the default.aspx file and modify the text given from this:

new AppLink("<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccess" runat="server" Text="uTorrent Access" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccess" />",
"<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccessDesc" runat="server" Text="Remotely connect to your Server to manage uTorrent" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccessDesc" />",
"http://192.168.1.110:8080/gui/",
"images/uTorrent.png",
"images/uTorrent.png",
"uTorrent Image",
"true",
"")

To this:

new AppLink("<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccess" runat="server" Text="uTorrent Access" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccess" />",
"<asp:Localize ID="uTorrentAccessDesc" runat="server" Text="Remotely connect to your Server to manage uTorrent" meta:resourcekey="uTorrentAccessDesc" />",
"images/uTorrent.png",
"images/uTorrent_glow.png",
"uTorrent Image",
"true",
"")

Obviously you do not bold them, that was only done to highlight the difference in the two.

Once you do that, when you roll over the uTorrent icon, it will glow just like the rest of the icons. Hope that helps!!!

Attachments:
File comment: uTorrent_glow.png Icon
uTorrent_glow.png
uTorrent_glow.png [ 19.94 KiB | Viewed 10043 times ]

Last edited by MarcZero on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks  
The following user would like to thank MarcZero for this post
maximus, yakuza
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:47 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Also, now that I'm playing around with this setup, I noticed a problem. I set up everything correctly (as far as I can tell...I triple checked everything) but when I log out of the Administrator account on the Remote Desktop, I can't access the WebUI. Now, the interesting part is that uTorrent still appears to be running. Once I log back in with Remote desktop under the Administrator account, the downloaded amount keeps going up like it's been running. I'm just wondering what areas I should look at to see why I can't access the running program once I exit out of Remote Desktop.

I should state that I'm logging into remote desktop and set up the registry things as Administrator, but usually log into the server under my name (which has full privileges as far as I can tell.) I don't have an "Administrator" account listed in my WHS console. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

- Marc

P.S. I also just noticed that when I log into Remote Desktop, uTorrent opens up automatically and checks the torrents like it's just opening up, but I know it's still been downloading in the background before I log in because the downloaded amount keeps going up. I'm guessing maybe when I log into Remote Desktop, it is opening a second instance of uTorrent perhaps?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Great idea on changing the .png file. I did not even notice that it didn't glow. Well, I followed your instructions and it didn't work initially. I'd get the box with the red X in top left hand corner. I tweaked the image properties and had to add Users to the security tab. Now the icon glows. Great contribution.

MarcZero wrote:
Hello All. I wanted to submit something I made to add that last bit of polish on this mod. I took the uTorrent pic that was given for the home page and modified it to have a glow. You can install it in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\HPHome\images folder.

Now you can go into the default.aspx file and modify the text given from this:

"images/uTorrent.png",
"images/uTorrent.png",
"uTorrent Image",
"true",
"")

To this:

"images/uTorrent.png",
"images/uTorrent_glow.png",
"uTorrent Image",
"true",
"")

Obviously you do not bold them, that was only done to highlight the difference in the two.

Once you do that, when you roll over the uTorrent icon, it will glow just like the rest of the icons. Hope that helps!!!

2GB G.Skill
4.5TBs
WD External 1TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 am 

I setup a uTorrent server using the instructions here and it is working.

The only problem is, I've noticed that my internet speeds have dropped quite a bit when running torrent files from the server instead of running them directly from my computer. Also, the downloads speeds are like 5x as slow (running from my EX485) even though I'm using the same download/connection settings for uTorrent that I was on my MacBook. And this is what nothing else going on with the server (no backups, no file transfers).

Should things be faster using a dedicated server that's just sitting there doing nothing else?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:50 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I noticed the same thing. I thought it was going very slow for the noticeable difference in the internet speed. I found out that I had two instances of utorrent open, and that it was still downloading at a pretty good speed. I would make sure you aren't using the default utorrent settings. If you are, that is probably your issue and you should read up on how to adjust them for your internet connection. I put it on a scheduler to open up during the night and cap the max download speed during the day, and just log into the webgui to adjust at other times. That has fixed things up for me. I usually get about a max of 500K total no matter what torrents I download so I try to make sure it doesn't get above 40-50% of that speed when I want to surf the internet.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:29 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

ok I'm getting everything somewhat going like it should
2 things.

1 the utorrent_glow image on the "home" page isnt loading like the other icons but when you move your mouse over it it shows up. pictures show before and when you mouse over

2. when trying to connect utorrent webgui through the server homepage icon http://www.server:port/gui I'm getting this error.
(but I am able to connect when i dont go through the servers home page)
:crazy:
(change the port # to "PORT" in the picture ;) )

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next