It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have it working with uTorrent 2.0.2. The home server addin does not work with this version and is really not needed. You will need to download and install WebUi files from the following link and configure WebUi settings in uTorrent.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58156

Sicarius123 wrote:
Having trouble here with the webui also.

Tried changing my port from the original randomly assigned port in uTorrent to the 8080 port as suggested earlier in this thread and it doesn't help.

Have ports forwarded in my WRT610N router and uTorrent is running fine as a service, I've set a directory which I've mapped to my laptop as the T:\ drive to drop torrent files in so they get picked up and auto download and this is all fine.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with webui being included in 2.0.2, whereas all the instructions I've read and tried to follow for 1.6.1 included installing the webui as an add-on.

Does anyone have this working with uTorrent 2.0.2? I honestly don't even care if I can't get web access working as long as it works on my LAN and I can get the home server console add in working.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

So what's the deal with the webui settings section in utorrent from standard? Does it not actually do anything without installing the webui components as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Correct, you need to install the WebUI components or nothing will happen.

Sicarius123 wrote:
So what's the deal with the webui settings section in utorrent from standard? Does it not actually do anything without installing the webui components as well?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ah that makes sense then, will give it all a try when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ah, works now!

Now it seems removing admin access from the account was a bad idea, seem to of screwed up the permissions of a download doing so, fixing the admin access didn't fix the permissions, and now deleting the file it wont seem to pick it up again.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

vx2 wrote:
I need some help on this one.

I made a few errors in the regedit area by not making a new key so i decided to delete the whole utorrent regedit and start over a new install but it looks like i made a mistake and can't find the regedit for utorrent again.

Now i'm stuck... :(

Can anyone still help me with this? I mean, it's all fine, but everytime i wake it up from sleep i have to access the WHS desktop or if i'm out of town, i have to access it thru the remote console and go through advance admin to show the desktop so i can reactivate utorent.

Also, jumran, I can ugprade to 2.0.2 now? Do i just replace the libraries? Or just click .exe or have to delete/uninstall the whole program and do all the steps again?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Does anyone else have an issue with files not moving to the completed folder location specified once 100%?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

If you have uTorrent setup as a service, make sure it is set to use the Administrator account privileges and set to run automatically. That should fix the issue of having to log in to the desktop.

As for upgrading it to version 2.0.2, you will need to remove the service if it is installed as a service. Then open utorrent and go to the help menu and select check for updates. This will download and install the latest version. Once it is installed, create the utorrent service again.

vx2 wrote:
vx2 wrote:
I need some help on this one.

I made a few errors in the regedit area by not making a new key so i decided to delete the whole utorrent regedit and start over a new install but it looks like i made a mistake and can't find the regedit for utorrent again.

Now i'm stuck... :(

Can anyone still help me with this? I mean, it's all fine, but everytime i wake it up from sleep i have to access the WHS desktop or if i'm out of town, i have to access it thru the remote console and go through advance admin to show the desktop so i can reactivate utorent.

Also, jumran, I can ugprade to 2.0.2 now? Do i just replace the libraries? Or just click .exe or have to delete/uninstall the whole program and do all the steps again?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Make sure in your uTorrent preference settings, your directories are entered like the image below.

Sicarius123 wrote:
Does anyone else have an issue with files not moving to the completed folder location specified once 100%?

Attachments:
uTorrent.jpg
uTorrent.jpg [ 66.8 KiB | Viewed 12120 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

jumran wrote:
If you have uTorrent setup as a service, make sure it is set to use the Administrator account privileges and set to run automatically. That should fix the issue of having to log in to the desktop.

As for upgrading it to version 2.0.2, you will need to remove the service if it is installed as a service. Then open utorrent and go to the help menu and select check for updates. This will download and install the latest version. Once it is installed, create the utorrent service again.

So basically i'll have to redo the steps from the post

Quote:
Continue from above.

Back inside the server we will need to setup the service. This is where the srvany.zip files come into play. First create a folder on the c:\ drive called reskit and extract the 3 files in the srvany.zip into it.

with all the srvany stuff?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

What A great post!!!

I followed the instruction as per first post. It almost went perfectly except the following step:
Quote - Click on Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services. When the screen opens up, scroll down until your see uTorrent, and double click the service.
Select the Log On tab and change the “Log on as:” to “This account”. In the blank box input the Administrator account and change the password to your Administrator password.
Click apply and go back to the General Tab.
From here you can click on the Start button. If it starts, the Stop and Pause button should become active. End quote

The problem at this point is whenever I click on the Start button as indicated above, I get a window displaying that it “Could not start the uTorrent service on local computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.”
and when I click on the Dependencies tab, the name in the heading shows (uTorrent), however underneath the two windows it is showing <no dependencies>

Please... your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm 

Thanks for the posting. Everything worked out and service is operating. The only issue I have is that the uTorrent images do not show up at all when I go the the homepage menu. I saved and copied both the uTorrent images into the images folder and for some reason they don't show up. I followed all directions and copy pasted the code to the appropriate files. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Is it safe to assume that the OP is still applicable even after 2+ years? I have an EX495 that I'd like to set uTorrent up on (I just realized this forum is for the 485, but this is what turned up in a Google search for uTorrent on HP MSS). I don't have remote access set up currently, and wouldn't need to see the uTorrent icon on that page in the browser. I'd be fine controlling the uTorrent app itself from a remote desktop connection when needed.

Are there any security procedures I should follow since I'll be opening a port for uTorrent? I don't want to introduce any vulnerabilities if I'm going to have uTorrent running all day on my MSS. Also, does the web UI for uTorrent allow remotely adding/starting torrents, or would I need to set up a Dropbox solution with uTorrent watching that folder and I could add torrents to it from any other computer connected to the same Dropbox account?

Thanks in advance for any help or answers.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8