It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Photo Sharing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hi All,

New to the forums, and have a question regarding photo sharing. I'd like to use the MSS as a way to share my photos with friends and family. I'd also like for certain people (mostly family) to be able to upload their photos. From what I've read, this ability has been removed / changed? Can someone please explain how it works on the new 485/87?

Once remote access is enabled / granted, can my family & friends then see ALL files on the MSS? Meaning, can they see my backups or other personal files I'd rather not share with the whole world? Can they only see photos? Can they see all photos? Can they only see the albums I've selected? How do you go about setting up the accounts / restricting access? If I create an account for my sister, do I need to specify access to a new album I just uploaded before she can see it? Would I also have to update access for everyone I want to let see it?

I'm also considering a Linksys Media Hub, but unfortunately, it does not offer a way to create user accounts etc, so anyone accessing remotely has access to see everything.

Thanks,
Bugman

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!