It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:07 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Has anyone got the HDD drive lights to work on any other OS's other than the server 2003 that comes with the mediasmart? i've tried the HpMssServiceSetup download and followed the instructions and still getting NILL. I've tried it for Server 2008 Enterprise, Standard and Datacenter (which the documentation says it supports). I've also tried 2012 essentials (which in the documentation also says it supports)

I've tried installing the additional packages that it comes with, which the documentation says to install. I've also installed the updates then tried the installers.. one way or the other first. Nothing.

Nothing too much against server 2003 but wanted something a bit newer.. and actually 64 bit so i can run the 4 gig ram.

has anyone got this to work? from what i've scoured the internet, it seems unsupported anymore..

Ideas? anyone?

EX485, Dual-core CPU, 2 gig, Multiple OS's have been tried. 64 bit. is 64 bit the problem?

-Justin

PPC Mac Mini-Debian-1GB,80GB-Web/Email/DB
Intel Mac Mini-Debian- 4GB,500GB-Sandbox

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:58 pm 

crazyman03 wrote:
Has anyone got the HDD drive lights to work on any other OS's other than the server 2003 that comes with the mediasmart? i've tried the HpMssServiceSetup download and followed the instructions and still getting NILL. I've tried it for Server 2008 Enterprise, Standard and Datacenter (which the documentation says it supports). I've also tried 2012 essentials (which in the documentation also says it supports)

I've tried installing the additional packages that it comes with, which the documentation says to install. I've also installed the updates then tried the installers.. one way or the other first. Nothing.

Nothing too much against server 2003 but wanted something a bit newer.. and actually 64 bit so i can run the 4 gig ram.

has anyone got this to work? from what i've scoured the internet, it seems unsupported anymore..

Ideas? anyone?

EX485, Dual-core CPU, 2 gig, Multiple OS's have been tried. 64 bit. is 64 bit the problem?

-Justin

Same here.
If anyone has any advice about FreeNAS in this respect, I would be interested in that.

Thanks