It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello,

I have proceeded with my 3.0 install, everything seem to have gone well, after numerous reboots, I am at a point where I would like set up remote access. Please note I have not installed anything else other than whatever HP/Microsoft asked me to install.

I have setup a user with complex password with remote access, but I am unable to access the webserver being dished out over https. I never had any such issue when I was on 2.5.

In the console, when I attempt to repair the remote access, I keep getting an error about having issues accessing the website locally.

I am only accessing this internallly, I have no need to access the website remotely.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Gundan

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I just figured out the solution. When I restored my server, it was pointing to the old default server which I had registered with microsoft the first time around. Unfortunately this was causing the problem. One needs to deregister the domain and further reregister it again IIS to get configured properly and dish out pages over https.

Thanks