It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 am 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks: 12
Thanked: 11 times in 10 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
1) Rip disk to HD with AnyDVD HD
2) run eac3to on the folder so it will tell you which m2ts file(s) are needed
3) run eac3to on the aformentioned files. (if multiple seperate with a +)
4) run eac3to to extract 1080p video stream, pcm or convert TrueHD or DTS-MA audio to pcm
5) run pcm2tsmu to fix the outputted pcm file so that tsmuxer will recognize it. (Pay attention to 16 or 24 bit it's important and use the -i option) (Pay attention to 5.1 or 7.1, if 7.1 put on the -c 8 option)
6) run tsmuxer to mux back the 1080p video stream and the pcm audio stream

7) use a http streaming service from your homeserver, it's the only thing fast enough to handle the bandwidth of 1080p with uncompressed audio.

To convert DTS MA to pcm you will need to purchase Arcsoft Total Media Theater. eac3to uses it to decode DTS-HD/MA.

PS) There is no 1 step solution, sorry!


Hey Jeff. I revisited your instructions and performed them on a faster PC. It took under 2 hours to perform everything. I am experiencing some stuttering and audio cutting in and out. What http streaming service are you running from your homeserver?

_________________
Richard

My gadget blog: http://www.gadgetinsane.com


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:02 pm 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:49 am
Posts: 574
Location: Manchester CT
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 17 times in 15 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
Hey Jeff. I revisited your instructions and performed them on a faster PC. It took under 2 hours to perform everything. I am experiencing some stuttering and audio cutting in and out. What http streaming service are you running from your homeserver?


That is usually not a streaming issue but a "conversion" issue. Depending on the TYPE of the file, it needs to be "translated" by a codec of some sort. That usually causes the sputtering...

Ahhh, THAT is why I keep having sound issues. I have the original PCH A-100 which cannot do the high level sound support. That is why I had to upgrade my Audio receiver also..

Time to buy the NEW A-110. Least I will have a use for a 500 Gig Sata drive that I have kicking around...

_________________
John E Pombrio
Do not meddle in the affair of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.


Last edited by John Pombrio on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
John, Unless you know something special, the latest version is the A-110 which has only been available for a couple of months.

I've now encountered two more movies with the main movie files residing on two m2ts files. I used tsMuxer GUI 1.8.8 which put them together automatically and muxed a new m2ts file with the whole movie and DTS-HD Master Audio track.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:19 am 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Posts: 115
Location: Calgary,AB
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 5 times in 5 posts
All4Fun wrote:
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
1) Rip disk to HD with AnyDVD HD
2) run eac3to on the folder so it will tell you which m2ts file(s) are needed
3) run eac3to on the aformentioned files. (if multiple seperate with a +)
4) run eac3to to extract 1080p video stream, pcm or convert TrueHD or DTS-MA audio to pcm
5) run pcm2tsmu to fix the outputted pcm file so that tsmuxer will recognize it. (Pay attention to 16 or 24 bit it's important and use the -i option) (Pay attention to 5.1 or 7.1, if 7.1 put on the -c 8 option)
6) run tsmuxer to mux back the 1080p video stream and the pcm audio stream

7) use a http streaming service from your homeserver, it's the only thing fast enough to handle the bandwidth of 1080p with uncompressed audio.

To convert DTS MA to pcm you will need to purchase Arcsoft Total Media Theater. eac3to uses it to decode DTS-HD/MA.

PS) There is no 1 step solution, sorry!


Hey Jeff. I revisited your instructions and performed them on a faster PC. It took under 2 hours to perform everything. I am experiencing some stuttering and audio cutting in and out. What http streaming service are you running from your homeserver?


Yep been there seen that. :D

I'm running Myihome in a RDP session and just disconnecting and leaving it running. MyiHome seems to be one of the few http streaming services that handles subtitle files(srt) and has the best throughput I've seen so far.

I sure hope they make it into a service with the next realease.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:27 am 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Posts: 115
Location: Calgary,AB
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 5 times in 5 posts
cavediver wrote:
I've also encountered an issue with the subtitles on Pan's Labyrinth. I can't get them to display at all. The movie and the DTS-HD Master Audio track plays perfectly, but I can't get the English subtitles to work. It may be a problem with the PH not being able to read the BD PGS files included in the raw m2ts file. Any ideas?


You need to extract the subtitle as a sup file using eac3to and convert it to an srt file with something like suprip or just find a preassembled srt subtitle file on the internet.

Name the file the exact same name as your m2ts file. Different extension of course.

If you use SMB,NFS or myiHome it will automatically pick up on the associated srt file.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
You need to extract the subtitle as a sup file using eac3to and convert it to an srt file with something like suprip or just find a preassembled srt subtitle file on the internet.

Name the file the exact same name as your m2ts file. Different extension of course.

If you use SMB,NFS or myiHome it will automatically pick up on the associated srt file.


Does the srt file need to be muxed together with the main m2ts file in txMuxer or just put it in the video share with the other video files?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Houston, Tx
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
Thanks gents for the privilege of reading these 9 pages. My priorities are streaming AVCHD from my Canon HF100 that reside on the MSS to the hdtv. The Sony ps3 only plays the first mts file in the folder. So Will the PCH grab the AVCHD files from the HP MSS and play them on the hdtv with no further steps? On page 6 I was taken off this forum to another forum which indicates yes. I'd like to stay here with the HP MSS and see what you have to say.

_________________
RDjr


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 pm 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:49 am
Posts: 574
Location: Manchester CT
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 17 times in 15 posts
Rickrack17 wrote:


No HDMI, only 720p resolution, no high end audio outputs. Not recommended...

_________________
John E Pombrio
Do not meddle in the affair of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 pm 
Offline
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks: 12
Thanked: 11 times in 10 posts
John Pombrio wrote:
Rickrack17 wrote:


No HDMI, only 720p resolution, no high end audio outputs. Not recommended...


Not that I disagree with you but it should also be noted that it does support 1080i and that there are 5.1 beta audio drivers now available for audio via the optical interface.

_________________
Richard

My gadget blog: http://www.gadgetinsane.com


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:12 am 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Posts: 115
Location: Calgary,AB
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 5 times in 5 posts
cavediver wrote:
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
You need to extract the subtitle as a sup file using eac3to and convert it to an srt file with something like suprip or just find a preassembled srt subtitle file on the internet.

Name the file the exact same name as your m2ts file. Different extension of course.

If you use SMB,NFS or myiHome it will automatically pick up on the associated srt file.


Does the srt file need to be muxed together with the main m2ts file in txMuxer or just put it in the video share with the other video files?


No it needs to be a seperate file and named the same as the movie file.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:35 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
cavediver wrote:
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
You need to extract the subtitle as a sup file using eac3to and convert it to an srt file with something like suprip or just find a preassembled srt subtitle file on the internet.

Name the file the exact same name as your m2ts file. Different extension of course.

If you use SMB,NFS or myiHome it will automatically pick up on the associated srt file.


Does the srt file need to be muxed together with the main m2ts file in txMuxer or just put it in the video share with the other video files?


No it needs to be a seperate file and named the same as the movie file.


Thanks. I'll give it a try.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:42 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
No it needs to be a seperate file and named the same as the movie file.


Jeff,

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work for me. Here's what I did: Pan's Labyrinth BD ripped to HDD using AnyDVDHD. I extracted the .sub file using tsMuxer. I then ran the .sub file through Suprip and corrected all of the mis-read text. There were 882 subtitles. From Suprip, I then saved the corrected file to Pans Labyrinth.srt and copied it to the MSS video share where the main movie file is named Pans Labyrinth.m2ts. I then fired up Pans Labyrinth using the PCH and as the movie started up, I turned subtitles on. The subtitles didn't display with the movie. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Posts: 115
Location: Calgary,AB
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 5 times in 5 posts
cavediver wrote:
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
No it needs to be a seperate file and named the same as the movie file.


Jeff,

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work for me. Here's what I did: Pan's Labyrinth BD ripped to HDD using AnyDVDHD. I extracted the .sub file using tsMuxer. I then ran the .sub file through Suprip and corrected all of the mis-read text. There were 882 subtitles. From Suprip, I then saved the corrected file to Pans Labyrinth.srt and copied it to the MSS video share where the main movie file is named Pans Labyrinth.m2ts. I then fired up Pans Labyrinth using the PCH and as the movie started up, I turned subtitles on. The subtitles didn't display with the movie. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?


It should say [File] when you hit subtitle if it finds the subtitle file. How are you accessing your movies? SMB Share?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:22 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
It should say [File] when you hit subtitle if it finds the subtitle file. How are you accessing your movies? SMB Share?


I have absolutely no idea. I never set up any of the SMB, etc. share stuff on the PCH. It worked out of the box without me setting anything like that. I turn on the PCH and the other components, with my Harmony One remote. The PCH opens to the Home menu screen. Under the Media Source menu I chose my server and then the video share. I then choose the movie I want to watch, press play and the movie plays.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 pm 
Offline
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am
Posts: 115
Location: Calgary,AB
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 5 times in 5 posts
cavediver wrote:
Jeff Flowerday wrote:
It should say [File] when you hit subtitle if it finds the subtitle file. How are you accessing your movies? SMB Share?


I have absolutely no idea. I never set up any of the SMB, etc. share stuff on the PCH. It worked out of the box without me setting anything like that. I turn on the PCH and the other components, with my Harmony One remote. The PCH opens to the Home menu screen. Under the Media Source menu I chose my server and then the video share. I then choose the movie I want to watch, press play and the movie plays.


Well it sounds like you are using Windows Media Sharing which won't support srt subtitle files. I suggest you try myiHome.

SMB and NFS will support srt subtitle files as well but in most cases won't have enough throughput to handle PCM audio. An http streamer will have the most throughput.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group