It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dune Media Players
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks, I'll give Musicnizer a try.

With Zapitti I don't mind editing them manually but I don't want them to show up in the Movie section on the main page, so is there a way to add another category on that page, so it would be like, Movies, TV Shows, Home Movies, Recent .... ?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am 

ironfan72 wrote:
Thanks, I'll give Musicnizer a try.

With Zapitti I don't mind editing them manually but I don't want them to show up in the Movie section on the main page, so is there a way to add another category on that page, so it would be like, Movies, TV Shows, Home Movies, Recent .... ?

Yeah, haven't seen any way to add additional items. HOWEVER, you do know that you can add shortcuts on the Main Dune UI to any bookmark in Zappiti (i.e. so you don't have to go into the main Zappiti screen first). I have this set up, so when my Dune boots up my wife sees the Movies, TV Shows, Recent, Workout, and Children icons

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 am 

Hi,

I have just received a Dune Smart HD D1 and have fitted a 2TB HDD internally.

I have formatted it using the Dune and it has created two partitions, a 2GB RAW (system storage) and a 2TB EXT3.

I have set up the network so that it has a valid IP for my network and indeed, I can ping it and it sees other devices on the network (such as my Buffalo NAS) - so the network is fine.

But I can't see the hard disk - I was told that the Dune D1 would appear like a NAS on my network and I would be able to access data on the HDD over the network.

All my computers are Windows 7.

I have installed EXT2FSD on my PC which allows me to attach the D1 to my PC using USB and the partitions do become visible then (though I can't get mount points to work). It also does not work across the network.

What do I need to do - it is essential that I can access the disk over the network.

What are my options.

I noticed when I first formated the disk it used EXT2. It only became EXT3 after I added a system storage partition. Would it work if I went back it EXT2 and put the System Storage on SD or USB flash.

Alternatively, do I need to format the disk as NTFS first - obviously would need to do this on my PC - if so do I just create two partitions 2GB and 2TB.

This sounds like a good idea but then I thought that my Buffalo NAS uses Linux partitionas and they are accessible.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
Yeah, haven't seen any way to add additional items. HOWEVER, you do know that you can add shortcuts on the Main Dune UI to any bookmark in Zappiti (i.e. so you don't have to go into the main Zappiti screen first). I have this set up, so when my Dune boots up my wife sees the Movies, TV Shows, Recent, Workout, and Children icons

Did not know that! Thanks, I'll give it a try so that I can add a Genre as Home Movies and add that as a short cut to the main Dune screen.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 pm 

nheather wrote:
Hi,

I have just received a Dune Smart HD D1 and have fitted a 2TB HDD internally.

I have formatted it using the Dune and it has created two partitions, a 2GB RAW (system storage) and a 2TB EXT3.

I have set up the network so that it has a valid IP for my network and indeed, I can ping it and it sees other devices on the network (such as my Buffalo NAS) - so the network is fine.

But I can't see the hard disk - I was told that the Dune D1 would appear like a NAS on my network and I would be able to access data on the HDD over the network.

All my computers are Windows 7.

I have installed EXT2FSD on my PC which allows me to attach the D1 to my PC using USB and the partitions do become visible then (though I can't get mount points to work). It also does not work across the network.

What do I need to do - it is essential that I can access the disk over the network.

What are my options.

I noticed when I first formated the disk it used EXT2. It only became EXT3 after I added a system storage partition. Would it work if I went back it EXT2 and put the System Storage on SD or USB flash.

Alternatively, do I need to format the disk as NTFS first - obviously would need to do this on my PC - if so do I just create two partitions 2GB and 2TB.

This sounds like a good idea but then I thought that my Buffalo NAS uses Linux partitionas and they are accessible.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Have you had any luck? Make sure you have Samba server running on your Dune which should allow you to see the Dune on your network. You can also try typing in the UNC path of your Dune on your W7 PC which should allow you to see as well

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:41 pm 

Hi, new to forum and leaning toward purchase of Dune Smart HD D1. Question I hope someone can help answer. I am pretty much a noob when it comes to streaming and such. Have owned a WD product and owned the Pop Box for about a week and returned it. I am just starting my movie/tv show collection. Can someone comment on how easy the Dune will scrap my movie art? I am looking for something that just works w/out a ton of manipulation. That's all for now but sure other questions will come up.

Thank you in advance!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:16 pm 

Roll Tide wrote:
Hi, new to forum and leaning toward purchase of Dune Smart HD D1. Question I hope someone can help answer. I am pretty much a noob when it comes to streaming and such. Have owned a WD product and owned the Pop Box for about a week and returned it. I am just starting my movie/tv show collection. Can someone comment on how easy the Dune will scrap my movie art? I am looking for something that just works w/out a ton of manipulation. That's all for now but sure other questions will come up.

Thank you in advance!!

First off, welcome to the forum :mss:

I find that scraping is not difficult as long as you are consistent with how you name your movies. Scraping is very easy for me (both movies and tv shows) using Dune + Zappiti

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I'd have to concur with dbone. I read all his reviews and many others and settled on the Dune Smart B1. I followed his setup guides and everything worked fine the first time.

Using Zappiti its easy to scrape info (as long as your titles are correct and explicit) and the export to Dune has been pretty much flawless for me.

Goodluck!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:53 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I need some help setting up the zappiti on a Dune Duo (I installed one 2TB in it).

I have read the 'setup' thread, and struggling with it a little. In step #6, It says I need to be on version 1032, and I am not. but the link for updating to the new version is for the "prime" or "base". do I use one of these? When I try to run the program “dune_service_init_system_storage.dsf”, I just get an error. I put these programs in a subfolder on the Dune and tried to run it from there. I also have plugged in an 8gb usb drive.

I was able to install everything on my PC, configire/set the paths and acutally do a 'scrapping' and it found my couple of iso movies I put on the player to test all my setups. Once I get this guy setup and I learn how to put up these covers on the movies, I will start loading my movies to it and probably go ahead and install another 2TB drive. But this learning curve it kicking my butt a little. ](*,)

hank

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

hank,

As soon as my dune connected to the network it downloaded the latest firmware. I think when dbone wrote the article that beta firmware was needed to add a shortcut to the main dune page but newer firmwares should be able to do that. Unfortunately as mine worked fine I can't help with the system storage issue but you may be able to find help at the dune forum at http://www.mpcclub.com

As for getting the covers for the movies, once you have scraped the info click on the movie and at the top menu bar you should see a scrape pictures button. Hit this and if it doesn't bring up pictures automatically click on the TMDB button and choose the correct movie. The cover art and backgrounds should then start to download. Choose the ones you want.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank ironfan72 for this post
dbone1026
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

okay, so I may not need the lastest version? I shouldn't worry about creating any files or whatever? That may make a little more sense (as the screens in that walkthrough looked slightly different as the zappiti is running on a new version). I will play some more when I get home. I do really like the player and the software looks slick, just need to get it all working together.

like I mentioned, I was able to do the 'scrapping' and it found my two movies I added to the drive, and Identified them. I did not go into the "Scrape Picture". When I do that, do I still "export" to the player? I want to be able to keep all my files needed for zappiti on the player and not my PC or network drive.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am 

hrpiii wrote:
okay, so I may not need the lastest version? I shouldn't worry about creating any files or whatever? That may make a little more sense (as the screens in that walkthrough looked slightly different as the zappiti is running on a new version). I will play some more when I get home. I do really like the player and the software looks slick, just need to get it all working together.

like I mentioned, I was able to do the 'scrapping' and it found my two movies I added to the drive, and Identified them. I did not go into the "Scrape Picture". When I do that, do I still "export" to the player? I want to be able to keep all my files needed for zappiti on the player and not my PC or network drive.

ironfan72 nailed it. When I wrote the Zappiti guide the latest version of the fw at that time was needed but as of now all fw available is good to go.

Exporting you will need to do to actually create your Zappiti jukebox for the Dune to access. Since you want to store your Zappiti files on your 2TB drive I would create a folder on that drive called something like "Zappiti Jukebox" and have Zappiti export to that folder

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
Exporting you will need to do to actually create your Zappiti jukebox for the Dune to access. Since you want to store your Zappiti files on your 2TB drive I would create a folder on that drive called something like "Zappiti Jukebox" and have Zappiti export to that folder

Perfect, I did do that. :)

I have 3 folders created on the drive; Applications, Media (sub folder under here are Movies, TV shows), and Music. I created a subfolder in Applications called "zappiti". And this is where I will export my files to.

Awesome. So I only missed a couple little things. 1. Finish my scraping and selecting the images/covers for my movies. 2. Then to export them to the Dune player, into my "zappiti" subfolder.

Can't wait to get home and try this now. Thanks guys. I'm getting there.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:45 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

some success! (better than no success).

I got the images scrapped, and exported and can see them very nicely within the zappiti app. But to access the zappiti application is not the easiest. The dune boots to the main screen where it highlights the Sources Option (where I have Hard disk and Network Server). I choose Hard Disk, where I have 3 subfolders (applications, media, music). I then select applications, where I have a subfolder called zappiti, and here is where the .exe app is selected. It does not allow any type of copy/paste to the main screen?

Now to tweak it. I have read in this short thread you guys have created shortcuts on the main Dune boot screen, or have it just boot to the zappiti screen (I like that option). I have not figured that one out. I only managed to add it to the Favorites. How are you guys doing this? Are you doing it ON the Dune player, or is it a setup/config on the PC.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:58 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hank,

In the latest firmware I have the Zappiti shortcut added to the favorites section. To do this, select it in the way that you currently do (through all the folders etc.) and when the cursor is over the zappiti.exe file hit the "pop up menu" button. Here you will see an add to favorites option. Select this. Now when you boot the Dune just go to the Favorites in the top menu bar and you will see the Zappiti icon/shortcut. You can do this for any of the Zappiti options, so if you often find yourself watching action movies you can add the action category from Zappiti in the same way etc..

Ah just saw that you have it in favorites already! In previous firmwares there wasn't a favorites section it just had the main screen, so that might be what you are reading about (or I don't know how to do it with the current firmware!). I also have not seen the option to get the Dune to boot in to Zappiti directly and to be honest I have no desire for that because I use it to play my music too and at this time Zappiti can not do that.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next