It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:24 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Damian,
Yes, I did see your post, and agree with you. ASUS should have done a better job. Hopefully the Transformer will not be like the intro in the US :D

Quote:
Did you miss my post :wink: - http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/04 ... ct-launch/

I actually would still recommend an iPad over an Android tablet. I have never used an Android tablet but from what I have heard HoneyComb is still a work in progress, and there is very little development or very few HoneyComb optimized Apps. There are some neat apps for the iPad such as the Cablevision App which I documented here for watching Live TV(if you are a subscriber), WMC remote control and playback with theMy Movies App, etc...

I think over time Android/HoneyComb will catch up, but we are still a bit away

I have my pre order for the Transformer in, so if/when I receive I can have a nice Android/iPad battle :mrgreen:

I agree with most that you say above about the Honeycomb OS in the state it was when the Xoom was released. But you know Google will get it right so I am not worried that the kinks are not going to be worked out. In my opinion the Xoom launch was even worse that then Transformer launch. 1) send it back in to add 4G, flash not working on release of the tablet, the list could go on but I will stop with the two biggest launch fiascos. The Xoom did not sell because the price to high (that's the main reason in my opinion...) and developers heard the problems with Android 3.0 that you mentioned so 3.0 app development temporarily slowed. IMO, that will rapidly change when the demand for Transformer shows its true colors. Honeycomb tablets will not be without problems for a short while (IMO, about 6 months) but they will work well for the average user. Google just rushed the OS to meet the Moto's demanded Xoom launch date so they could be first to market, but their marketing strategy backfired on them due to both price and releasing an unfinished product. My guess is that 90% of the bugs in 3.0 found after the "too soon" launch of the Xoom have already been addressed by Google and the OS is getting better as we speak. Google will not let this OS fail and will have its features integrated in the Android Phone/Table market when the Icecream version (the version of Android where tablet and phone OS's become one) of Android is a few months from now. To borrow a phrase I've seen a lot lately bu really like it ..... I'm just saying... :google:

Really looking forward to your comparison of the Transformer and the iPad. Should be interesting reading.

Now that you mention it, I am going to go put in my pre-order for the Transformer now.

Best regards,
George

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

If you would like to see an early, but well done , Ipad2 integration, go over to vidabox and see what they are using. Very nice. XBMC has an integration app for 2 , as well. The vidabox integrates home automation and A/V. And, WHS V1.

Thanks