It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:50 pm 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

No, I had noted that the v7.xx versions were incompatible (and it looked like my license might not cover them without additional $$) so I was careful to stay with Version 6.xxx for everything. In fact, I used what I had downloaded and saved from before, except that I did run the update functions on each (SageTV, SageMC, PlayOn, HDHR...).

I just re-checked and I am using SageTV v6.5.20.1, SageTV HD Theater v2010080201 and SageMC v6.3.9a(full). The last is not upgraded as it is not running yet!

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:49 pm 

JohnBick wrote:
No, I had noted that the v7.xx versions were incompatible (and it looked like my license might not cover them without additional $$) so I was careful to stay with Version 6.xxx for everything. In fact, I used what I had downloaded and saved from before, except that I did run the update functions on each (SageTV, SageMC, PlayOn, HDHR...).

I just re-checked and I am using SageTV v6.5.20.1, SageTV HD Theater v2010080201 and SageMC v6.3.9a(full). The last is not upgraded as it is not running yet!

Hey John,

Sorry, haven't been online much.

First off, you can get a free upgrade to SageTV V7 here - http://www.geektonic.com/2011/06/sagetv ... sting.html

Obviously this is due to the fact that with Google buying SageTV you can pretty much kiss SageTV goodbye in the future.

I will have to dig around on your issue, I honestly haven't used SageTV 6 since SageTV 7 came out, so need to dust off those old memory banks in my head!

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 pm 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

Should I, instead, upgrade to V7??? Maybe that is the better road to take..?

Might as well learn the new upgrade path.... And I suspect it will not be quick & easy! (And you won't have to re-learn V6 just to help me!)

EDIT: Delays no problem. I have grandkids around for a while and expect to be doing higher priority things myself. Today, for example, I learned how to design dresses! Supposedly I am going to get daily lessons. (And I thought SageTV/SageMC were challenging!?)

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:40 am 

JohnBick wrote:
Should I, instead, upgrade to V7??? Maybe that is the better road to take..?

Might as well learn the new upgrade path.... And I suspect it will not be quick & easy! (And you won't have to re-learn V6 just to help me!)

EDIT: Delays no problem. I have grandkids around for a while and expect to be doing higher priority things myself. Today, for example, I learned how to design dresses! Supposedly I am going to get daily lessons. (And I thought SageTV/SageMC were challenging!?)

I would definitely recommend upgrading to SateTV v7. A lof of enhancement over v6, a new plugin architecture that you can just easily install from the UI, etc...

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9