It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

It is the american thing to do! Your country needs you!

Question for you on a serious note, im having some issues with MIP skipping TV show information and mislabeling it:

Example:
anthony bourdain no reservations left overs s03e01

--gets labeled as:

anthony bourdain no reservations ireland s03e02

--this one gets labeled as the next one in the series

with the last two episodes in the series being skipped.

Got any good media scrapers that work with TV shows and create those handy dandy nfo's?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 am 

I never ran into problems with MIP and my tv shows. I found the program to run a little slow though and I think development has slowed down dramatically, so haven't really used it much of late. One thing I have been doing is using a program called TV Rename (see my brief write up here) to rename my shows before I let a scraper get hold of them. This takes care of almost all problems.

Another possible solution is Yammm (Yet Another Media Meta Manager). Although it is on the greenbutton forum it will also create nfo files for XBMC (http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/73390.aspx). I don't know how far along tv support is, and I am not really a fan of scrapers that run headless (I like to see a UI of my collection so I can verify).

There were a couple other scrapers from XBMC but honestly I have not tested them yet:

xMM Media Manager

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 am 

I should mention that since right now I primarily use WMC currently my scraper of choice has been metabrowser (using TV Rename first on my tv shows). For SageTV there is a headless scraper called BMI which I have mixed feeling on right now.

I know for MIP I had talked with Fekker (the developer) a while back about making it work cross platform, but don't know how far it got. I think you can use MyMovies to create the nfo files but from what I know it only works on Movies.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Just installed vista ultimate sp2 on the asrock ion 330 system. Installed media portal 1.0.2 and all the eye candy plug ins. Also installed the mpc subtitle engine and configured mpc video decoder for h264.

Wow!

It handled everything I threw at it and the cpu didn't even break a sweat including 1080p apacalypto with subtitles and flac audio. Purred along at 20% CPU.

Great little box.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=ION 330

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:32 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

If anyone is interested in the long range keyboard i have, newegg has a deal on them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-NA-_-NA
$64.99 - $30 Coupon Code EMCLVPL26 = $34.99 + Free Shipping

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Great success!

Almost all of my issues with full screen flash and lag have been dealt with. A simple trip into the bios to tweak the FSB to 166mhz x 12 resulted in a gain from 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz stable. Full screen Hulu works like a charm, can play sims 3 1280x800 on medium resolution and spore just fine.

Love this little box, love it.

Tim

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:07 am 

klamath wrote:
Great success!

Almost all of my issues with full screen flash and lag have been dealt with. A simple trip into the bios to tweak the FSB to 166mhz x 12 resulted in a gain from 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz stable. Full screen Hulu works like a charm, can play sims 3 1280x800 on medium resolution and spore just fine.

Tim

Flash Player has been a big issue so this is great news. What O/S, Setup did you finally stick with?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Windows 7 RTM for games and general PC usage. XBMC with mediastream for media library. XBMC does a very nice job playing SD content unscaled to 1080p after cpu overclocking.

Tim

dbone1026 wrote:
klamath wrote:
Great success!

Tim

Flash Player has been a big issue so this is great news. What O/S, Setup did you finally stick with?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 am 

klamath wrote:
Windows 7 RTM for games and general PC usage. XBMC with mediastream for media library. XBMC does a very nice job playing SD content unscaled to 1080p after cpu overclocking.

Tim

Are you running XBMC under Linux (dual boot) or you have Windows 7 all around? Greatly appreicate you taking the time to update on your progress, I am sure a lot of people will find this very helpful.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:17 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

dual booting the computer, have grub autoloading to XBMC under linux. Figure it is a HTPC, job one is to play my movies, job two is to play games.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

klamath wrote:
Great success!

Almost all of my issues with full screen flash and lag have been dealt with. A simple trip into the bios to tweak the FSB to 166mhz x 12 resulted in a gain from 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz stable. Full screen Hulu works like a charm...

Do you by chance have a Netflix account to test streaming for that? I'd love to get / throw together one of these if it'll do just these 3 things: stream ripped DVD's, photos, music from my MSS, Hulu full screen, and Netflix streaming to my Toshiba 42" 1080p set. (and be cheap :D ) Don't need it for game playing or anything else, just those.

That's not asking too much is it?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:35 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

What OS are you running? I know Media Center has Netflix built in and it works good for me. I do not have an account but when my sister was here, she used it on my laptop running Vista Ultimate.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I can confirm Netflix "HD" tv shows, Lost, No Reservations and Man VS Food plays with Windows 7 using firefox and IE 8. Full screen, no issues.

Bugman,

Everything you mentioned this system can do no problem. Hulu at times can be a little choppy, but it seems it only effects Hulu, netflix does not suffer any issues.

bugman30 wrote:
klamath wrote:
Great success!

Almost all of my issues with full screen flash and lag have been dealt with. A simple trip into the bios to tweak the FSB to 166mhz x 12 resulted in a gain from 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz stable. Full screen Hulu works like a charm...

Do you by chance have a Netflix account to test streaming for that? I'd love to get / throw together one of these if it'll do just these 3 things: stream ripped DVD's, photos, music from my MSS, Hulu full screen, and Netflix streaming to my Toshiba 42" 1080p set. (and be cheap :D ) Don't need it for game playing or anything else, just those.

That's not asking too much is it?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:47 pm 

Thanks for sharing your experience so far.

With this board Zotac IONITX-A-U Atom N330;

1 - I am assuming that the wifi module can be removed to gain use of the pci-e slot?
2 - With this case M350 Universal Mini-ITX enclosure, will a tuner pci-e card (I have to assume that such a thing exists pending research) fit it the vacant pci-e slot? Will it have a way out of the case for the connection to the tv box? If not, which would be the next case option hopefully without a psu in it? Or is this setup doomed to use an ubs tuner; any good ones preferably dual or at least HD?

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:57 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Islander wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience so far.

With this board Zotac IONITX-A-U Atom N330;

1 - I am assuming that the wifi module can be removed to gain use of the pci-e slot?
2 - With this case M350 Universal Mini-ITX enclosure, will a tuner pci-e card (I have to assume that such a thing exists pending research) fit it the vacant pci-e slot? Will it have a way out of the case for the connection to the tv box? If not, which would be the next case option hopefully without a psu in it? Or is this setup doomed to use an ubs tuner; any good ones preferably dual or at least HD?

Thanks.

The wifi module can be removed however there is no documentation provided if anything but a wifi card will work. Storage in the PCI-e slot currently does not work.

There is another ION that was just released by asus i think this my be what your looking for, has a PCI slot instead of a mini PCI-e.

check out http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3630&p=1

compares the asus, asrock and the zotac.

hope this helps!

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next