It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Anyone: I am trying to get Metabrowser to populate metadata for my movie collection. I think I know how to get that done except for what my folder names need to be. I have followed Damians advice and tried to name all my folders exactly as the movie name. I have pointed Metabrowser toward the folder where several of my movie folders with dvr-ms movies inside each folder are located (e.g. c:\movies pending) on my VMC. Here is a sample of the style I am using for the movies/folder names inside c:\movies pending:
Attachment:
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 24 16.50.gif
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 24 16.50.gif [ 21.18 KiB | Viewed 27522 times ]

I've told Metabrowser to look in c:\movies pending and have my movie named folders there. I can't get MetaBrowser to see any movies to process. Is that because I have named the folders incorrectly?
George

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 pm 

SeaRay33 wrote:
Anyone: I am trying to get Metabrowser to populate metadata for my movie collection. I think I know how to get that done except for what my folder names need to be. I have followed Damians advice and tried to name all my folders exactly as the movie name. I have pointed Metabrowser toward the folder where several of my movie folders with dvr-ms movies inside each folder are located (e.g. c:\movies pending) on my VMC. Here is a sample of the style I am using for the movies/folder names inside c:\movies pending:
Attachment:
The attachment ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 24 16.50.gif is no longer available

I've told Metabrowser to look in c:\movies pending and have my movie named folders there. I can't get MetaBrowser to see any movies to process. Is that because I have named the folders incorrectly?
George

George, are the movies dvr-ms? If so did you add this to the list of extensions for metabrowser to look for?

Attachment:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 72.02 KiB | Viewed 27524 times ]

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

dbone1026 wrote:
SeaRay33 wrote:
Attachment:

George

George, are the movies dvr-ms? If so did you add this to the list of extensions for metabrowser to look for?

Attachment:

Yes. I think I did. Is the screenshot below correct?
Attachment:
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 24 17.12.gif
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 24 17.12.gif [ 29.97 KiB | Viewed 27523 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Damian,
I think I see what went wrong. I forgot to put the dot in front of dvr-ms. See the screenshot. It shoudl be .dvr-ms not just dvr-ms. Is that correct? I tried it and now I see a list of moves in the metabrowser window on the left side of the screen.
George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Now I have clicked "process all movies" and it seems to be collecting the metadata. Thanks! Silly Me :beerme:
George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:33 pm 

SeaRay33 wrote:
Damian,
I think I see what went wrong. I forgot to put the dot in front of dvr-ms. See the screenshot. It shoudl be .dvr-ms not just dvr-ms. Is that correct? I tried it and now I see a list of moves in the metabrowser window on the left side of the screen.
George

Yes sir, was just about to mention that but you caught it first, definitely go get yourself a beer!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:08 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

CBick wrote:
I use the My Movies Add-In with AnyDVD & an external usb DVD burner to place movies on my server.

I place the disk in the external DVD and about 10 or 15 minutes later the DVD will eject the disk when it is through copying.

Also with Alex's Remote Notification I recieve a text message telling me when the movie is through copying & I can go take it out and start another one.

I don't know if this is the best set up since it is the only one that I have ever used & like you I know nothing about it.

It seems to work for me ok.

Hi CBick, Its George again. Back with a question.

Now that I seem to understand and have MediaBrowser working ok (thanks to Damian and erail in this thread), I am ready to move on to rippiing DVDs to my MSS. Right now I am ripping my DVD of Breach (AnyDVD). I pointed the AnyDVD output file (using the "Rip to Disk Option")to the Server where I store my other movies (recorded tv dvr-ms files). It has been running about an hour (as I write it is 88% finished) as I have the DVD in one of my client computers (using the DVD Reader drive there) and its putting the file on the MSS across the LAN. Would you mind giving me a few benefits of using MyMovies running on the WHS (I think that is the setup you have,,, right?) instead of the approach I am using now across the network? I suspect speed would be one major benefit since you are able to get DVDs in much less time as you said above. I do have an external DVD drive I can connect to my MSS. Any other reasons I would be better of getting a copy of MyMovies for WHS installed? I ask, because I have read the forum comments and it seems MyMovies might be a bit too complex for the minimal needs I have (just moving the files off the DVD to the Server where MediaBrowser could handle them from there.) But on the other hand, I may just not understand what it can do for me and would be gung ho to get it installed if I understood. I have looked at the documentation and the forums over at We Got Served a bit, but I haven't done extensive reasearch on the good points of My Movies.

I would liket to install it if there are benefits, so don't let my comments put you off. If you like it, there has got to be some more reasons than just the speed of ripping the DVD. I don't want to ask you to spend a lot of time because that is not fair, but if you could just hit maybe your top three benifits for me please?

George

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:11 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Hey, have any of you SageTV guys taken a look at this: http://www.geektonic.com/2009/06/sage-moviewall-beautiful-movie.html ? Looks pretty darn good. If this is as good as it looks, then it seems the only missing piece is HDMI 1.3 support (NetFlix would be nice as well).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:52 pm 

scottc wrote:
Hey, have any of you SageTV guys taken a look at this: http://www.geektonic.com/2009/06/sage-moviewall-beautiful-movie.html ? Looks pretty darn good. If this is as good as it looks, then it seems the only missing piece is HDMI 1.3 support (NetFlix would be nice as well).

Haha, see my post from last night on my blog setting up SMW:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/06/s ... eased.html

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

scottc wrote:

I was surprised that you hadn't already posted something on this -should have known better #-o So, where is the review??

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:45 pm 

scottc wrote:
scottc wrote:

I was surprised that you hadn't already posted something on this -should have known better #-o So, where is the review??

I had been meaning to try out SMW when it was version 2.0, but I read that 3.0 was coming soon, so I held off until it was released this past Friday. Still in the testing phase. Let's just say I spent a better part of Saturday trying to get it working and came close to tossing SageTV out the window (not necessarily the fault of SMW as is the steps you need to go through to set up anything in SageTV, I think I went through 4 clean reinstalls) . I have most of it working now though, the metadata tool is not working properly for me (they changed the way art works where it now has to be in a central folder), so I am running a manual bat tool to update all the art. Once I get this completed then I can go through one more run of SMW on my pc (right now some stuff looks like crap because of the missing art). When I get comfortable with how everything is running next step is to load on my MSS and try to run off the HD200. Some people have reported that it runs very slow on the HD200, others say they have no problem. I will post here once I update, I should when I posted about SMW earlier, sorry about that. It is easier for me to write some of this stuff on my blog because ithandles managing screenshots, etc... much better (and has auto save, got burned with that a few times on this thread!!!)

Also, on the horizon is a media device called Xtreamer, which is promising a lot for a very little price (EUR 99) and also the MVIXUSA Ultio HD streamer (although supposedly the folks behind Xtreamer are threatening to sue MvixUSA over this device). No one has received either yet so waiting for some reviews. My popcornhour broke so looking for an alternative to set up in my son's playroom. Key for me is HDMI 1.3 and DTS downmix

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Damian, thanks for the initial thoughts on the new UI - I hope it isn't such a pain when it comes out of beta or at least not for new users.

I just took at look at the Xtreamer and it appears functionally promising, but the UI seems to be lacking the Media Browser quality, though the video mentions that it has a great UI (maybe it is just very customizable). According to the countdown, it will be available July 1st, so hopefully we'll be able to find some reviews not too long after.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:12 am 

Media Browser headed towards a paid subscription model -here.

Should be interesting where this leads to. I am a big fan of Media Browser and am willing to support (depending on the cost of course). However, I have a feeling a lot of people right now would be saying they are willing to pay for, but when the time comes decide to go a different route like Media Portal, etc... This may also discourage potential new users.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm 

Things have been a little crazy lately so haven't had much of a chance to do much posted on MSS.net. Hopefully things will quiet down over the next month until they get crazy again.

I decided to get all my Box Set TV DVDs onto my MSS. At first I just ripped them as is, but I wanted to take advantage of some of the nice UIs out there that handle TV episodes, so I decided to rip the episodes individually. I probably used over 5 different methods to varying degrees of success, and after discussing some of them with All4Fun I decided it would make sense to document some of the methods.

Check out my post here.

A member over at SageTV just released a new add in called TV Explorer to handle tv shows, so I hope to give that a test and see how it works will all my ripped episodes. As of now I have been able to get Media Browser and XBMC to work well with my tv shows which has gotten a high WAF, especially since I have shows like Curious George (not SeaRay33!!!) for my son included.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Why not just use makemkv? I did all mine with it, 40+ seasons of various stuff.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next