It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
This one seems to have fixed for now.

It can't possibly have, Killroy. All I did was handling some code to give you a message instead of an exception. My guess is that there was something wrong with your Dropbox install. Notify me if it happens again.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:55 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Just noticed that almost all movies have no runtime in my cases. Anyone else seeing the same?

I checked file types and almost no m2ts file has a runtime. MKV seems fine. Weird though is that BD folder rips have a runtime (m2ts), but it looks like it's the combined runtime of all files for that BDMV folder (700min and more sometimes).

I am using LM 2.4.2 on Win7 64.

Last edited by allineedisbass on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:01 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Quick question... if I already have a movie set-up for multiple disc (3 discs), what steps do I have to take to add an additional 2 or 3 discs. Do I just change the names to reflect the additional discs and then add blank movie titles or do I have to re-start from scratch (delete the original discs and create a new multi-disc title)?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:14 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Quick question... if I already have a movie set-up for multiple disc (3 discs), what steps do I have to take to add an additional 2 or 3 discs. Do I just change the names to reflect the additional discs and then add blank movie titles or do I have to re-start from scratch (delete the original discs and create a new multi-disc title)?

What I did for eg. LOTR Extended is:
Made a folder LOTR The Two Towers (Extended)
Moved all files into the original LOTR folder (part 1 and part 2).
Add the movie as normal in LM.
Go make multiple discs.
LM creates a new entry.
Deleted the original entry in LM.
Then copied the name that LM created xyz_Disc1_of_2 and renamed all files according to name as in LM.
Re-scan servers for that title.
Renamed the original title to part1 or part2.
Save export to cloud.

Worked perfectly.

I suspect that it works the same for all titles.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:09 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:

I had to do it once myself, there is no standard way, here is what I did:

- Clone the first disc (e.g. mymovie_Disc_1_from_3)
- Change the filename to mymovie
- Create discs
- Fill the data. For discs 2 & 3 copy\paste from the earlier entries
- Delete the earlier entries (with the 3 discs)

Don't forget to rename the files accordingly before scanning.

Not ideal, I know.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:32 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

allineedisbass wrote:
Just noticed that almost all movies have no runtime in my cases. Anyone else seeing the same?

I checked file types and almost no m2ts file has a runtime. MKV seems fine. Weird though is that BD folder rips have a runtime (m2ts), but it looks like it's the combined runtime of all files for that BDMV folder (700min and more sometimes).

I am using LM 2.4.2 on Win7 64.

That with BDMV folders is very strange. I have hundreds of Blu-ray rips in BDMV and runtime is always accurate. Nothing reported from others too.

With m2ts files there is indeed a problem with runtime not being read. I'll take a look at it when i find the time. We 're all into testing now, trying to release 2.5 before the weekend.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:50 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Mart1001 wrote:
Can you tell me more about the difference between 'scan to servers' and the 'update' option? Is the 'update' option mainly for updating the artwork?
========================================
Pafsanias wrote:
Update: It has nothing to do with your files. If there is new or changed info in thetvdb about the show, the function downloads the changes.
Scan: Your shared folders are searched for episodes that are already in the Library Manager database.

So, let's say that the last update of a show gave you 6 episodes, so in Library Manager, under 'Episodes' you see 6 episodes. Now if you put episode 7 in a shared folder without updating,
it will not be scanned, since it doesn't exist in the library. You have to first use the 'Update' function for the show, that will download the info for episode 7, and then scan.

and:
In order to NOT analyze all episode files every single time you scan (thus save time), Library Manager uses a scanning function you nicely named "incremental" earlier: If a file has the exact same path and filename as when last scanned, the media info of the last scan will be kept. If all the changes you made since your last export was the replacing of these files, the exported files will be exactly the same as with your last export, thus they will not be copied to your iPad from the "Dropbox Function" of the iPad application (that also checks for new or changed files to make updates faster).
To avoid this, and force analyzing for the files you replaced with higher quality versions, scan that show by itself. This will cancel incremental scanning and will update all media info, regardless of the last scanning results.

==========================================

1. Will there come an option in LM to update my tvshows all at once from the tvdb?
2. Also, if the analyzing of all my episodes is not that slow. I wouldn't mind that as an option in the LM.
It's at the moment also a very slow process for me to keep track which tvshows do have actual information from the tvdb and if my episodes are incremential scanned or do need a scan by themself.
It's not enough automated for me with due to my 180 tvshows.
I like 10Muse very much, but I would like it that it could save me more time.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. How are the others doing this for there tvshows?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Quick feature request:

A method to find duplicate titles. Either via title name (not very reliable) or via IMDb/TMDb/RottenTomato number or name(a lot more reliable).

As collections get larger it becomes easier to have duplicates and not even know it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:31 am 

Hi. New user here.

Just a quick question about the Library Manager: Do I have to add each movie to the library manually, then scan the files to try to locate the movies? Or can I scan for files first, and then tell LM which file corresponds to which movie?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:37 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Mart1001 wrote:
1. Will there come an option in LM to update my tvshows all at once from the tvdb?
2. Also, if the analyzing of all my episodes is not that slow. I wouldn't mind that as an option in the LM.
It's at the moment also a very slow process for me to keep track which tvshows do have actual information from the tvdb and if my episodes are incremential scanned or do need a scan by themself.
It's not enough automated for me with due to my 180 tvshows.
I like 10Muse very much, but I would like it that it could save me more time.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. How are the others doing this for there tvshows?

You are doing nothing wrong. A new context menu entry "Update and re-scan all" seems to be the solution to this. I'll get to it on Monday. I will also need to read the tvdb license agreement carefully in order to use their api responsively and not bombard their servers with consequtive requests.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Quick feature request:

A method to find duplicate titles. Either via title name (not very reliable) or via IMDb/TMDb/RottenTomato number or name(a lot more reliable).

As collections get larger it becomes easier to have duplicates and not even know it.

Yes, I've been thinking about it some time now. Titles are not suitable for this, since they can also be used for things like "Theater release", "Director Cut" or "Without subtitles". I think the IMDb code is the way to go. This is definitely going to be added.

trondmm wrote:
Hi. New user here.

Just a quick question about the Library Manager: Do I have to add each movie to the library manually, then scan the files to try to locate the movies? Or can I scan for files first, and then tell LM which file corresponds to which movie?

Just use the Assistant. Define your movies network folder (under 'Settings'), select it and click on 'Assistant'. From there it's self explanatory (or so I would like to think).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Wow, I took me a while to read all the post trying to see what's going on with this app. It appears that the app is well used by a lot of people already. I am currently using a Dune D1 with the latest beta FW, which I will try to flash back to the latest final FW.

I will give the app a try since we are going to get a couple of Ipad for the kids. I hope everything works okay. I've got all of my media in a unraid server. All of my BD movies are main movie only m2ts files, with a couple of BD MKV's. All of my SD movies are MKV files only, and my TV Shows are ISO's only. Here we go... :banana:

PCI-Intel Pro NIC
CASE-AZZA Helios 910
PSU-Corsair 750W
OS-UnRaid Final V5.0
Storage: 15 TB and growing!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Another quick feature request:

In the first info pane (below the row of covers) can we have an IMDb tag (just below the Rotten Tomatoes one) that will link to the IMDb page and will open/launch its page (either via Safari or via the IMDb app)? I understand that there are limitations on what apps can be launched from within other apps but I am certain that Safari can be launched from other apps but the IMDb app would be preferable if it is possible/allowed.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

GFOviedo wrote:
All of my BD movies are main movie only m2ts files, with a couple of BD MKV's. All of my SD movies are MKV files only, and my TV Shows are ISO's only. Here we go... :banana:

With your MKV's you will be having no problems. Fast and complete info grabbing by the scanner, fast starting on the client (even 1:1 Blu-Ray rips), fast in-movie commands.

Your m2ts and iso files will be scanned and played with no problems, but you will may be missing some info (like duration or resolution) and some navigation commands may be hit and miss.

If you still have discs to rip, choose the mkv format. Countless advantages over every other format (maybe I should start writing an article about them) and best supported from both hardware and software.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Another quick feature request:

In the first info pane (below the row of covers) can we have an IMDb tag (just below the Rotten Tomatoes one) that will link to the IMDb page and will open/launch its page (either via Safari or via the IMDb app)? I understand that there are limitations on what apps can be launched from within other apps but I am certain that Safari can be launched from other apps but the IMDb app would be preferable if it is possible/allowed.

Thanks.

We're very much thinking along the same lines. I was making space for the button yesterday and read your post today! Expect to see this in one of the next versions.

A small problem with this, is that re-exporting will be required. With 10Muse getting increasingly installed from Home Theater installers, re-exporting gets very expensive for them. I already had some complaints with 2.4 requiring it, so I must find a way to implement it without requiring re-exporting. Else, I'm gonna have to delay it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
A small problem with this, is that re-exporting will be required. With 10Muse getting increasingly installed from Home Theater installers, re-exporting gets very expensive for them. I already had some complaints with 2.4 requiring it, so I must find a way to implement it without requiring re-exporting. Else, I'm gonna have to delay it.

So, how do Home Theater installers deal with customers growing libraries? Each time their customer gets a new movie, do they have to add it to the library for the customer? I assume with this quote that Home Theater installers are a large part of your customer base. I hope that this doesn't affect updates for us more technical users in the future... :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:41 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Make two versions ;)

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 85  Next