It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

New bug:

I reached over 3,000 movies index (3023 to be exact) and I cannot get the iPad app to update any new additions.

I keep getting two error messages:

"Dropbox Update Info. No new files found"

and

"Error loading metadata! Check your Internet connection"

Of course I have a solid WiFi connection.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:40 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

^Looks like this may be a Dropbox issue with too many files.

I erased my entire 10muse folder and re-index about 100 movies and it connected fine and updated them.

But doing all the movies, over 3,000, it failed to update it again.

The 10muse folder now has over 10,500 files.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
^Looks like this may be a Dropbox issue with too many files.

I erased my entire 10muse folder and re-index about 100 movies and it connected fine and updated them.

But doing all the movies, over 3,000, it failed to update it again.

The 10muse folder now has over 10,500 files.

There seems to be a dropbox limit of 10000 files within a folder that we were unaware of. We are looking into it, there is not much you can do for now except manual update (through iTunes).

Sorry to be a little quite of late, I will post tomorow with the latest updates (the new iPad version is already in review from Apple, should be up for the weekend).

raggededge, thanks for the great comment.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

So this could be also my problem as described in our e-mail conversations?
I have also problems with no updates on the iPad from added tvshows episodes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:51 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Let me first confirm that there is indeed a Dropbox limitation of 10.000 files within a single folder. The new version avoids that by separating the files in different folders. Nothing changes in the way the user exports and updates.

Mart1001 wrote:

Probably yes. Look if your Dropbox folder \Apps\10Muse Data\Exported exceeds 10.000 files. You will know for sure at Tuesday.

Because of the small urgency the above issue caused, we canceled 2.3 that was pending for release and sent again with the "Dropbox update" fix. Estimated release day is Tuesday. The accompanying 10Muse Library Manager 2.3.1 will be up on Monday. Below is a list of changes of 2.3:

- Movies: Feature added to go directly to a specific letter, year or rating on the displayed movie list
- TV Series: User Interface Enhancements
- TV Series: Support for episode screenshots
- Dropbox Update: Issue with maximum number of files resolved

Exporting with 10Muse Library 2.3.x is required. The 2.3.1 version, that will be released on Monday, supports downloading and exporting of episode screenshots. For new added and updated series, the screenshots will automatically be downloaded. For your existing entries, there is a new context menu option "Update Episodes Screenshots". This will add screenshots to your current entries. So, the first thing you can do after downloading 2.3.1 is to select all your shows, right-click on them and choose "Update Episodes Screenshots". You can also export after it's finished, but, only the iPad version 2.3
will update the new export with Dropbox.

There is a change to the applications version naming scheme. The leading "1." is omitted, so 1.2.3 is now 2.3.

dbone1026 wrote:
New request. On the tv episode screen you have a green arrow to easily go to the next episode details but no arrow to go back to the previous episode details

With the TV-Shows UI enhancements of 2.3 you can page to next-previous episode (similarly to the actors popbox). Somewhere (on this thread or e-mail) you requested an episode wall with screenshots to make selection for kids easier. It's not quite there yet, but first feedback with the new "episode browser" shows that pre-school kids, who had their trouble with the old versions, get on very well with it.

Mart1001 wrote:
Little extra suggestion as bonus: and/or alphabetic letters to push on. It would be an addition to the search option if I rather do not want to type.
I have a fairly big collection of movies >2000.

Added to 2.3. You can go to a specific letter, year or rating depending on the selected sorting option. In addition, alphabetical sorting is now improved. It is based on "Original Title", if that is empty then "Local Title" and some leading words ("the", "a", "an", "das" etc) are ignored.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Pafsanias for this post
dbone1026, Mart1001, raggededge
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am 

Pafsanias wrote:
Let me first confirm that there is indeed a Dropbox limitation of 10.000 files within a single folder. The new version avoids that by separating the files in different folders. Nothing changes in the way the user exports and updates.

Mart1001 wrote:

Probably yes. Look if your Dropbox folder \Apps\10Muse Data\Exported exceeds 10.000 files. You will know for sure at Tuesday.

Because of the small urgency the above issue caused, we canceled 2.3 that was pending for release and sent again with the "Dropbox update" fix. Estimated release day is Tuesday. The accompanying 10Muse Library Manager 2.3.1 will be up on Monday. Below is a list of changes of 2.3:

- Movies: Feature added to go directly to a specific letter, year or rating on the displayed movie list
- TV Series: User Interface Enhancements
- TV Series: Support for episode screenshots
- Dropbox Update: Issue with maximum number of files resolved

Exporting with 10Muse Library 2.3.x is required. The 2.3.1 version, that will be released on Monday, supports downloading and exporting of episode screenshots. For new added and updated series, the screenshots will automatically be downloaded. For your existing entries, there is a new context menu option "Update Episodes Screenshots". This will add screenshots to your current entries. So, the first thing you can do after downloading 2.3.1 is to select all your shows, right-click on them and choose "Update Episodes Screenshots". You can also export after it's finished, but, only the iPad version 2.3
will update the new export with Dropbox.

There is a change to the applications version naming scheme. The leading "1." is omitted, so 1.2.3 is now 2.3.

dbone1026 wrote:
New request. On the tv episode screen you have a green arrow to easily go to the next episode details but no arrow to go back to the previous episode details

With the TV-Shows UI enhancements of 2.3 you can page to next-previous episode (similarly to the actors popbox). Somewhere (on this thread or e-mail) you requested an episode wall with screenshots to make selection for kids easier. It's not quite there yet, but first feedback with the new "episode browser" shows that pre-school kids, who had their trouble with the old versions, get on very well with it.

Mart1001 wrote:
Little extra suggestion as bonus: and/or alphabetic letters to push on. It would be an addition to the search option if I rather do not want to type.
I have a fairly big collection of movies >2000.

Added to 2.3. You can go to a specific letter, year or rating depending on the selected sorting option. In addition, alphabetical sorting is now improved. It is based on "Original Title", if that is empty then "Local Title" and some leading words ("the", "a", "an", "das" etc) are ignored.

Big updates, thanks :banana:

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I finished cataloging my entire mediaserver and the app is working fabulous with 4,179 titles and almost 5,000 TV episodes. Even MyMovies would start to slow down with that many titles.

Great job with the app and can't wait to see what other updates you will be having coming down the line.

Well worth the money and time it took to re-arrange my titles for this app.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:17 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse Library Manager 2.3.1 is up. Remember, the Dropbox export files will only picked up by the 2.3 version of the iPad application (expected tomorrow).

Mart1001 wrote:
So, only automatic save of the shares each time you add a share is enough for me and maybe others, so thanks.

Added to 2.3.1. The 'Save' button is now gone. Every setting change is automatically saved.

About the problems you have with newly added episodes not being scanned or exported:

Mart1001 wrote:
Can you tell me more about the difference between 'scan to servers' and the 'update' option? Is the 'update' option mainly for updating the artwork?

Update: It has nothing to do with your files. If there is new or changed info in thetvdb about the show, the function downloads the changes.
Scan: Your shared folders are searched for episodes that are already in the Library Manager database.

So, let's say that the last update of a show gave you 6 episodes, so in Library Manager, under 'Episodes' you see 6 episodes. Now if you put episode 7 in a shared folder without updating, it will not be scanned, since it doesn't exist in the library. You have to first use the 'Update' function for the show, that will download the info for episode 7, and then scan.

Mart1001 wrote:
I deleted those 10 on my pc, because I got higher quality versions of these. (blu-ray) I ripped the epsiodes and added the new files in the same shared tvshow folder on my pc.
They where picked up by the Libary, but as I wrote not by the iPad dropbox sync. The old url's and scan results staid on the iPad.

In order to NOT analyze all episode files every single time you scan (thus save time), Library Manager uses a scanning function you nicely named "incremental" earlier: If a file has the exact same path and filename as when last scanned, the media info of the last scan will be kept. If all the changes you made since your last export was the replacing of these files, the exported files will be exactly the same as with your last export, thus they will not be copied to your iPad from the "Dropbox Function" of the iPad application (that also checks for new or changed files to make updates faster).

To avoid this, and force analyzing for the files you replaced with higher quality versions, scan that show by itself. This will cancel incremental scanning and will update all media info, regardless of the last scanning results.

I hope that's clear. It might sound a bit complicated but, without these functions, updating would take ages even for the smallest of changes (like adding a couple of new movies or changing your preferred cover for a movie).

If, with the above in mind and the new 2.3 version, you still have problems with updates, please report.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
I finished cataloging my entire mediaserver and the app is working fabulous with 4,179 titles and almost 5,000 TV episodes. Even MyMovies would start to slow down with that many titles.

Great job with the app and can't wait to see what other updates you will be having coming down the line.

Well worth the money and time it took to re-arrange my titles for this app.

Thanks.

thanks for your comments. Please report if also the dropbox update function works well with 2.3.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Pafsanias for this post
Mart1001
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Major bug in new iPad app. When I switch the sort from "Last added to server/Library" to "Alphabetical" the app crashes hard and then there is nothing you can do to restart the app. Rebooting the iPad continues to hard crash the app. The only thing I could do was to delete the app and then re-install it but that requires that you re-import all the data and that takes quite a long time. When you change the sort again the app crashes again and the whole thing repeats.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:32 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Major bug in new iPad app. When I switch the sort from "Last added to server/Library" to "Alphabetical" the app crashes hard and then there is nothing you can do to restart the app. Rebooting the iPad continues to hard crash the app. The only thing I could do was to delete the app and then re-install it but that requires that you re-import all the data and that takes quite a long time. When you change the sort again the app crashes again and the whole thing repeats.

Looking into it. To avoid reinstalling delete the two database files MoviesLibrary.s3db and TVSeriesLibrary.s3db (with iTunes). This will start the demo database. Does it also crash with the demo database?

It was also already reported earlier today, but we can't reproduce. We 'll fix it as soon as possible.

Is only Killroy affected from this?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:48 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Does not happen in DEMO mode.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Same here, even removing your suggested removing of the s3db didn't help. The app could be started again however using for example the - anywhere in the app did also crash the app and I can only recover it with your mentioned method.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

I uploaded Library Manager 2.3.3. Try re-exporting for a possible fix.

It appears the problem was with entries that have neither original nor local title (they will now appear under "z" in alphabetical order).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:14 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:

It appears the problem was with entries that have neither original nor local title (they will now appear under "z" in alphabetical order).

That seems to fix the hard crash. It now sorts properly but it soft crashes anytime you change the sort but if you relaunch the app it will be fine at the new desired sort. If you re-sort again you will have to re-launch the app when it crashes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Pafsanias wrote:

That seems to fix the hard crash. It now sorts properly but it soft crashes anytime you change the sort but if you relaunch the app it will be fine at the new desired sort. If you re-sort again you will have to re-launch the app when it crashes.

Can you send me your MoviesLibrary.s3db file? You'll find it inside your export folder.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 85  Next