It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:23 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
raggededge wrote:
So, if you manually add a tv series, how does 10muse know where it is located on your network and which episodes that you have?

Also make sure you add your root TV Show directory to the library manager

Thanks for all the help to everyone. I used TvRename to rename my tv series, and everything works now.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Okay, for movies, if the name of the movie does not match the name of the folder, how does one manually fix that? Do you have to go in and rename the movie on your NAS to match the folder or is there a way in 10Muse to do this?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:00 pm 

raggededge wrote:
Okay, for movies, if the name of the movie does not match the name of the folder, how does one manually fix that? Do you have to go in and rename the movie on your NAS to match the folder or is there a way in 10Muse to do this?

You can either rename the actual movie on your NAS or in 10Muse with the movie selected to the right your will see the field "Filename", you will have to manually adjust this field the be whatever your actual filename is. This is one drawback to the way 10Muse handles movies (i.e. I know people who have the movie folder the actual movie name but the mkv file has extra info such as "Bluray", "1080p", etc...)

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
raggededge wrote:

You can either rename the actual movie on your NAS or in 10Muse with the movie selected to the right your will see the field "Filename", you will have to manually adjust this field the be whatever your actual filename is. This is one drawback to the way 10Muse handles movies (i.e. I know people who have the movie folder the actual movie name but the mkv file has extra info such as "Bluray", "1080p", etc...)

Okay, color me stupid...I go to the setings tab and select the movie folder and click assistant. Three of my movies end up in the right most box under "Movies Misplaced". The error code is "Code 1: Subfolder not the same as Filename" I cannot do anything else with the movies now.

Also, when I start a movie/tv show from 10muse and then click stop, I get a black screen on my Dune. I cannot go back to the Dune menu screen or do anything else. I can power down the dune and power it back up. Is this normal?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

New fatal error:

Trying to add "The 4400" (TV show) and I get this during the image scrapping process (It seems to stop trying to save an actor image)...

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at _10Muse_Setup.UserControlTVseries.download_actors_images(Boolean onlyNew)
   at _10Muse_Setup.UserControlTVseries.Button_Add_from_a_Textbox_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
10Muse Library Manager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/10Muse%20Library%20Manager/10Muse%20Library%20Manager.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Ionic.Zip.Reduced
    Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
    Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/10Muse%20Library%20Manager/Ionic.Zip.Reduced.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

raggededge wrote:
Okay, color me stupid...I go to the setings tab and select the movie folder and click assistant. Three of my movies end up in the right most box under "Movies Misplaced". The error code is "Code 1: Subfolder not the same as Filename" I cannot do anything else with the movies now.

Also, when I start a movie/tv show from 10muse and then click stop, I get a black screen on my Dune. I cannot go back to the Dune menu screen or do anything else. I can power down the dune and power it back up. Is this normal?

Code 1 is when your file is not the same name as the folder that it sits in. I noticed that both need to be exactly the same.

The black screen I believe is the command used after playback to return to a black screen. That is one of the bugs that I was going to report. There is a command to have the player return to the menu or at least not remain on black screen.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Additional info on "The 4400" crash... it seems to crash when it tries to save Actor image "77875.jpg"

The URL for that image is this: http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/77875.jpg

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Additional info on "The 4400" crash... it seems to crash when it tries to save Actor image "77875.jpg"

Can't reproduce. Series downloads and exports fine, including the actor above. I tested with both WinXP and Win7 systems.

I also tested the "Beastly" movie you reported earlier. I exported with all images downloaded from both TMDB and Rotten Tomatoes and all exported fine.

Still, I should handle those exceptions more gracefully. I'll get to it tomorrow. I first need to find a corrupted image though.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
The black screen I believe is the command used after playback to return to a black screen. That is one of the bugs that I was going to report. There is a command to have the player return to the menu or at least not remain on black screen.

Yes, it should be sending a "Stop" command instead of a "Black Screen" command. It's already corrected but, unfortunately, I can't update the iPad application as easily as the Library Manager. Correction will be on the next update. Until then, isn't there a remote button to get you from the black screen to the menu without the need to restart? I'll take a look myself when I get the chance.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

OK... possible new bug.

I have found that if TV seasons are spread amongst different drives (shares) then the "Scan server" feature will only catch the first one and not the next ones.

Example:

\\MEDIASERVER\Video 1\TV\Dexter\Season 1\{episodes}.mkv

\\MEDIASERVER\Video 3\TV\Dexter\Season 2\{episodes}.mkv

\\MEDIASERVER\Video 5\TV\Dexter\Season 3\{episodes}.mkv

When you scan servers it will get the episodes for Season 1 but not for season 2 or 3.

I have found this on every show.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
OK... possible new bug.

I have found that if TV seasons are spread amongst different drives (shares) then the "Scan server" feature will only catch the first one and not the next ones.

Example:

When you scan servers it will get the episodes for Season 1 but not for season 2 or 3.

This is how it works.
You can have series in as many shared folders as you want, but not 1 show in different shared folders. So you can only have one "Dexter" folder. Otherwise it would take too long to look everywhere for every episode.

I think having one "Dexter" folder for all your episodes, would also bring some better order in your collection. Technically, of course, everything is possible, but i wonder if it would be worth the considerable longer scanning time.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
KillroyWasHere wrote:
OK... possible new bug.

Example:

This is how it works.
You can have series in as many shared folders as you want, but not 1 show in different shared folders. So you can only have one "Dexter" folder. Otherwise it would take too long to look everywhere for every episode.

I think having one "Dexter" folder for all your episodes, would also bring some better order in your collection. Technically, of course, everything is possible, but i wonder if it would be worth the considerable longer scanning time.

That is going to be a HUGE deal breaker to a lot of people. There is no way to put all your episodes of one show on a single folder when you are getting those episodes sometimes months, if not years, apart.

I have over 100TB spread out over 60 hard drives and some shows have episodes on drive #1 from over 4 years ago while newer episodes are in drive #55 from just a few months ago. There is no logistical way to organize all episodes of a particular show into one folder when they are spread out years apart.

As far as I can tell, this would be the first catalog application that has this limitation. If this is a limitation of 10Muse then I will have to stop using it right now.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Could there be a way to change this without creating an extended scanning time? And if there isn't, how much longer are we talking about for the process (scanning) to complete?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:53 pm 

Pafsanias wrote:
KillroyWasHere wrote:

Yes, it should be sending a "Stop" command instead of a "Black Screen" command. It's already corrected but, unfortunately, I can't update the iPad application as easily as the Library Manager. Correction will be on the next update. Until then, isn't there a remote button to get you from the black screen to the menu without the need to restart? I'll take a look myself when I get the chance.

I actually just noticed with the latest update this is fixed.

One thing, I am assuming that when the iPad app is updated it requires a specific Media Manager, correct? I updated to the latest iPad app a few days ago, and when I did it stopped recognizing my library (it would say no library was present and put me in demonstration mode). However, when I went back to my PC, updated to the newest Media Manager, and re exported, everything worked fine.

One other item I am not sure if possible with this or any of the other Apps. For my TV shows that I have for my boys, usually I would just press the play button on either the TV Show poster or a Season poster. This would generate a playlist and the Dune would begin to play all TV episodes in that show/season (comes in handy when some of the TV shows are only 7 minutes long). Is there any way to replicate this from 10Muse?

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:24 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

raggededge wrote:
Okay, so I was right. 1x01, 1x02, etc. is not a supported string. Killroy in another thread pointed me to a utility that will allow me to mass change my files, I'll give that a shot and report back.

10Muse Library Manager 1.2.1.1 offers support for this naming theme.

dbone1026 wrote:
One thing, I am assuming that when the iPad app is updated it requires a specific Media Manager, correct? I updated to the latest iPad app a few days ago, and when I did it stopped recognizing my library (it would say no library was present and put me in demonstration mode). However, when I went back to my PC, updated to the newest Media Manager, and re exported, everything worked fine.

Not every version Damian, if an update of Library Manager is required, it specifically says so on the update notes in the App Store and also in the News section on the webpage. The last update did indeed require re-exporting with the latest Library Manager version.

dbone1026 wrote:
One other item I am not sure if possible with this or any of the other Apps. For my TV shows that I have for my boys, usually I would just press the play button on either the TV Show poster or a Season poster. This would generate a playlist and the Dune would begin to play all TV episodes in that show/season (comes in handy when some of the TV shows are only 7 minutes long). Is there any way to replicate this from 10Muse?

That would be helpful indeed. I have to check the playlist functionality of the Dune and PH players.

Meanwhile, 10Muse Library Manager 1.2.1.2 is being beta tested and will be uploaded later today. It offers better handling of corrupted images and ability to scan episodes spreaded in multiple shared folders. I will post here when it's up.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Pafsanias for this post
raggededge
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 85  Next