It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Yeah, having installers dictating what features to have due to their "trouble updating" is a real easy way to lose the non-installer customers.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse 2.5 is now available in the App Store:
- Optimized for the 'new iPad' Retina display
- Skin support
- Speed improvements
- Bug fixes
No re-exporting required for iPad 1/2.
For the 'new iPad', exporting with '10Muse Library Manager 2.5.1' (with the corresponding option) is required. Library Manager 2.5.1 is also available for download.

Mart1001 wrote:
Mart1001 wrote:
Will there come an option in LM to update my tvshows all at once from the tvdb?

Added to Library Manager 2.5.1. You can now select multiple shows and update them all at once.

Mart1001 wrote:
Mart1001 wrote:
Also, if the analyzing of all my episodes is not that slow. I wouldn't mind that as an option in the LM.
It's at the moment also a very slow process for me to keep track which tvshows do have actual information from the tvdb and if my episodes are incremential scanned or do need a scan by themself.
It's not enough automated for me with due to my 180 tvshows.
I like 10Muse very much, but I would like it that it could save me more time.

I'm not so sure what you mean with this. Please read my reply on page 10 where I explain exactly what incremental scanning does. The only way you should bother with this is if you are replacing episodes with other files with the exact filename.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Quick feature request:

A method to find duplicate titles. Either via title name (not very reliable) or via IMDb/TMDb/RottenTomato number or name(a lot more reliable).

As collections get larger it becomes easier to have duplicates and not even know it.

Added to Library Manager 2.5.1. The function searches the IMDb codes for duplicates. You will find it in the context menu of the movies list.

raggededge wrote:
So, how do Home Theater installers deal with customers growing libraries? Each time their customer gets a new movie, do they have to add it to the library for the customer? I assume with this quote that Home Theater installers are a large part of your customer base. I hope that this doesn't affect updates for us more technical users in the future... :D

It won't. As I also replied to them, the project cannot stay still. But actually they didn't 'complain' (unfortunate choice of word from me). They just made me aware of the problem, which is fair enough. I will just try to not require re-exporting with every version and I think everyone will benefit from it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Sweet!!! Now the tough choice... do I keep using my iPad 1 for 10Muse or my shinny new iPad 3.

The updates sounds real good and thanks for the duplicate title finder.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:28 pm 

Great stuff, finally hope to have some time the weekend to start over from scratch and get everything documented. Gonna download the latest Library Manager now

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
For the 'new iPad', exporting with '10Muse Library Manager 2.5.1' (with the corresponding option) is required. Library Manager 2.5.1 is also available for download.
Added to Library Manager 2.5.1. The function searches the IMDb codes for duplicates. You will find it in the context menu of the movies list.

The new duplicate title feature worked great. Out of almost 4400 titles I was able to find 15 absolute duplicate titles (deleted the dupes), found about 20 movies that had the same name (different years) that had the same IMDB # (I fixed the IMDB #) and found about 5 movies that I had totally identified wrong due to the names being so close.

This feature really worked great. Thank you so much.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thanks for the very nice update!

Mart1001 wrote:
Mart1001 wrote:
Also, if the analyzing of all my episodes is not that slow. I wouldn't mind that as an option in the LM.
It's at the moment also a very slow process for me to keep track which tvshows do have actual information from the tvdb and if my episodes are incremential scanned or do need a scan by themself.
It's not enough automated for me with due to my 180 tvshows.
I like 10Muse very much, but I would like it that it could save me more time.

Pafsanias wrote:
I'm not so sure what you mean with this. Please read my reply on page 10 where I explain exactly what incremental scanning does. The only way you should bother with this is if you are replacing episodes with other files with the exact filename.

Yes, that's what I'm doing a lot, replacing episodes if I have a better quality for them. Some eps don't have and some do have the same names when I replace them.
If I use ctrl-a and scan all my tvshows, I noticed some of the eps with different names then before, aren't picked with LM. I have this "bug" with LM on my system since I installed it.
So I also have to check/scan these TVshows one by one and of course the ones with the same name for the eps.

Last edited by Mart1001 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias,

Now that 10Muse has matured quite a bit I would like to return and ask you to see if this one feature is possible. It is one feature that I don't think any other app has but would make 10Muse an absolute killer app. I ask for it before but I knew that you were busy with other more pressing updates.

Thanks.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
One more feature request. This may be a tough one but it may be important to a lot of people that rip their Blu-rays to individual episodes.

There has to be a way to add custom episodes to any season and in any location.

For example:

Lost (ABC) Season 1 has a total of 24-episodes according to TheTVDb, but if you rip the Blu-ray to individual episodes you will end up with 25-episodes. Last episode is Exodus and it's listed as (1)ep23 & (2)ep24. while the BD has an additional episode (3).

Also, Season 4 Blu-ray has a RECAP episode that is not listed in TheTVDb and needs to be listed as Episode #00.

I can go on with other shows but I think you get the idea.

Thanks.

Another show is Battlestar Gallactica... the Blu-ray contains several Extended, unaired, and two-part episodes that would be nice to include within the interface if we could add custom episodes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I tried the new option to update all my tvshows with ctrl-a, I scanned all my tvshows afterwards with ctrl-a and exported them all to dropbox, but then I saw that my eps where doubled in the pop up box from LM.
I did the Dropbox Update on the iPad because I thought it wouldn't matter and now I do have all my eps double in it?

If I look now to my tvshows at the episodes tab in LM all eps are double.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Mart1001 wrote:
I tried the new option to update all my tv shows, I scanned all tvshows afterwards and exported to dropbox, but I saw that my eps where doubled.
I did the Dropbox Update on the iPad and now I do have all my eps double in it?

Yes, it has been reported already. That's a a bug with the updater. Thankfully it's with Library Manager, so it will be fixed quickly. I'll fix it tomorrow.

To everyone: Try not to update TV-Shows until tomorrow.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Pafsanias,

Now that 10Muse has matured quite a bit I would like to return and ask you to see if this one feature is possible. It is one feature that I don't think any other app has but would make 10Muse an absolute killer app. I ask for it before but I knew that you were busy with other more pressing updates.

Thanks.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
One more feature request. This may be a tough one but it may be important to a lot of people that rip their Blu-rays to individual episodes.

There has to be a way to add custom episodes to any season and in any location.

For example:

Lost (ABC) Season 1 has a total of 24-episodes according to TheTVDb, but if you rip the Blu-ray to individual episodes you will end up with 25-episodes. Last episode is Exodus and it's listed as (1)ep23 & (2)ep24. while the BD has an additional episode (3).

Also, Season 4 Blu-ray has a RECAP episode that is not listed in TheTVDb and needs to be listed as Episode #00.

I can go on with other shows but I think you get the idea.

Thanks.

Another show is Battlestar Gallactica... the Blu-ray contains several Extended, unaired, and two-part episodes that would be nice to include within the interface if we could add custom episodes.

Making TV-Shows fully editable (like movies) would bring synchronization issues when updating. thetvdb is a community based project. Have you tried to register and adding or editing episodes? It's straight forward and the whole community would benefit from your work.

Sorry for the quick answers and leaving the update bug hanging, but the last two week's exhaustion (with multiple company's activities) stroke today. I think I'll play something with the kids and watch some snooker that relaxes me. I'll surely find time for 10Muse tomorrow.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:50 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Okay, I'm a little confused with TV Episodes. How do you add just new episodes? Is that possible or do you have to scan everything every time you add a new episode to a series?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
Making TV-Shows fully editable (like movies) would bring synchronization issues when updating. thetvdb is a community based project. Have you tried to register and adding or editing episodes? It's straight forward and the whole community would benefit from your work.

It doesn't have to be totally editable. Just make the ability to add an episode that is not connected to the TVDB scanning. Just allow us to add an episode with a different name as the ones on TVDB (such as S01E01-1 or just an additional episode number) and then allow us to connect that new episode to the file that we have on our server...kinda like a custom movie.

I have tried editing the episodes on TVDB and was told that they follow the episode format on the DVD's only. The Blu-rays sometimes have additional episodes that the DVD's do NOT have therefore makes it impossible for us.

If its not possible then I can understand since no other app is capable of doing this.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Pafsanias wrote:

It doesn't have to be totally editable. Just make the ability to add an episode that is not connected to the TVDB scanning. Just allow us to add an episode with a different name as the ones on TVDB (such as S01E01-1 or just an additional episode number) and then allow us to connect that new episode to the file that we have on our server...kinda like a custom movie.

I have tried editing the episodes on TVDB and was told that they follow the episode format on the DVD's only. The Blu-rays sometimes have additional episodes that the DVD's do NOT have therefore makes it impossible for us.

If its not possible then I can understand since no other app is capable of doing this.

I would also like to see this added if possible. As I see it is basically the same feature as you already have under movies (clone or make multi disc). Shows like KillroyWasHere stated as LOST and Battlestar Gallactica have multiple versions of one episode. To make things even harder I have Star Trek TOS ripped from BD in the original and in the remastered versions. So that would be adding two shows, only the top folder name is different.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am just trying to help, but other programs already can do this. Zappiti and MyMovies already allow this (haven't tried the Zappiti app though and MyMovies has no TV support at the moment, but it works when exporting to the Dune) and both are direct competition.

Maybe even a step further. Have you considered to import xml files into LM from external programs? I use metabrowser which pretty much does all metadata related work. That would share development efforts? But maybe I am talking nonsense, I am no developer.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Library Manager 2.5.2 is available for download. It fixes the TV-Shows update bug.

In order to also update-fix all the infected shows there is a (temporary) option "Force Update" right under the TV-Shows list. This will force the update even if no update is available. Have in mind that with this option checked and 400+ Shows, it's gonna take some time. Better leave it overnight. Also do your selfs a favor and plug in an ethernet cable before you start such a big update.

After updating you will have to scan again (for now). I will be concentrating to the TV-Shows Library Manager functionality this week, also with regard to a possible "Custom Episodes" function.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

allineedisbass wrote:
To make things even harder I have Star Trek TOS ripped from BD in the original and in the remastered versions. So that would be adding two shows, only the top folder name is different.

Why would you want to have 2 different versions of the same show into the system? I can understand it with the one or the other movie, but for TV-Shows I'm afraid it's going a little too far. I have a couple of shows in different versions myself and I just choose the best version to rip. Mart reported in this thread to be doing the same and I thing it's the way to go.

Custom episodes yes, but this will add too much complexity for what it offers.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:

It's not about 'possible', believe me, everything is possible. It's about how much complexity it adds to a system that I'm trying foot and nail to keep simple, against loads of requests. I'll get to it in the following days and see how it goes.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 85  Next