It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:44 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Anyone test to see if the Kodi (SPMC) 10Muse integration works through the Nvidia Shield?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:04 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse Library Manager 3.17.1 is available for download.

- Reviews and Rotten Tomatoes Critics rating work again. Use "Update Reviews & Ratings" to update your latest movies.
Still not available are Rotten Tomatoes User rating and Consensus. The "Update Reviews & Ratings" function will not delete the already existing fields, it will keep the old info.

- For the diminishing non-retina iPads (iPad2 and iPad mini 1) there is a new option "Export Images for non-retina iPads". Leave it unchecked if you only use Retina iPads. This will make exporting faster. If you also want to reduce Dropbox space, delete the folders "\Dropbox\Apps\10Muse Data\Movies\Images\Covers_Retina_small" and "\Dropbox\Apps\10Muse Data\TVSeries\Images\Fanarts1024".

- The search option has been extended to include the full path of the scanned main movies. Use '\foldername\' to get all movies of that folder.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Anyone else getting a 16-movie limit when adding new titles?

Please tell me if this version resolves that issue (I was not able to replicate).

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Anyone test to see if the Kodi (SPMC) 10Muse integration works through the Nvidia Shield?

I didn't have the chance to test the particular device, but every Kodi device that has been tested, with various OSes, has worked with 10Muse without problems.

FYI, out of the many Kodi devices we've tested, we had most joy with the Odroid C2 (with LibreELEC). Fast, stable, 4K and HEVC hardware support, with eMMC memory it boots in a few seconds. There are bundles that include everything, I buy mine from here. Only disadvantage the cheap looking case (and no alternatives, at least yet).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:09 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I will test it tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

I can now verify that 10Muse works perfectly with the Nvidia Shield using either Kodi or SPMC (a much better app). It launches a movie, or TV episode, from pretty much any other app without any hiccups.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:36 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
I will test it tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

I can now verify that 10Muse works perfectly with the Nvidia Shield using either Kodi or SPMC (a much better app). It launches a movie, or TV episode, from pretty much any other app without any hiccups.

Can you also tell us about your experience with the Nvidia Shield? Is it the 2017 version?

I'm mostly interested in stable, "Setup & forget" appliances like OpenElec Raspis, Squeezeboxes, Sonoses. You don't even have to power on these devices after a power failure, they just work all the time. Does the Shield with Kodi fall into this category?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:59 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
Can you also tell us about your experience with the Nvidia Shield? Is it the 2017 version?

I'm mostly interested in stable, "Setup & forget" appliances like OpenElec Raspis, Squeezeboxes, Sonoses. You don't even have to power on these devices after a power failure, they just work all the time. Does the Shield with Kodi fall into this category?

Yes, I got the 2017 16GB version (ShieldTV).

My situation was a bit different than most. I was looking for an all-in-one solution for my wife. She was sick and tired of switching between the AppleTV (SlingTV, Netflix, OTA) and the HTPC (movies and Amazon Prime Video). The AppleTV does not play any of my BD remuxes so I still have to have the HTPC in the chain.

The Shield plays every single remux I have thrown at it; MKV+FLAC(7.1)+PGS and MKVs with HD audio without any issues. There is minor audio start pause on HD audio when starting/pausing/seeking but never more than 1-2 seconds. Not an issue. All FLAC remuxes are instant playback.

I really like the fact that it does not matter what app I am running when I launch a title from 10Muse. SPMC launches (even if not running) and the movie starts playing. When the movie stops it goes back to the last used app.

Not sure about power-on after power failure as I don't want to force one (long story about hard drive crashes) but the power-on is seamlessif you use HDMI CEC with my Onkyo receiver and Vizio TV. When I push Sleep on the Shield, the AVR and the TV both turn off. When I want to turn them on all I have to do is push the Home button on the Shield remote and they come on. I could never get CEC running properly with an HTPC or the AppleTV. Something always failed to power on/off. The Shield has not failed once so far.

DVR features are now built-in with Live Channels (TV) on the Shield if you use the HDHomerun (not sure if they work with every tuner but I am sure it will). Don't even have to pay for that feature if you don't want the extra stuff on other apps.

The ShieldTV remote is a bit weaker than the Pro version since it only uses Bluetooth (it does have IR for other devices but the Shield itself only uses BT on the TV version). So if you really want to use a Universal remote you will need to buy a FLIRC USB dongle and then just program your URC to control the Shield. I will be doing that in the next few weeks.

So as far as seamless, the Shield seems to be the first all-in-one solution that I have found. I am very impressed with this little box. I hate to say since it uses Android and I am not very happy with Google but I am willing to forgo that as this thing is so easy to work.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:04 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Thank you for the detailed report.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Not sure about power-on after power failure as I don't want to force one (long story about hard drive crashes)...

I fully understand, I wouldn't take the risk either. Can you do a normal shutdown, unplug-re-plug power and see if it can boot into Kodi directly? I'm only interested in it if it can function as a stand alone Kodi appliance.

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Anyone else getting a 16-movie limit when adding new titles? The LM crashes on import when trying to import more than 16 titles. I have to restart it and rescan the drive and it repeats. I can add movies but only 16 at a time.

Has the new Library Manager version solved that for you?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
I fully understand, I wouldn't take the risk either. Can you do a normal shutdown, unplug-re-plug power and see if it can boot into Kodi directly? I'm only interested in it if it can function as a stand alone Kodi appliance.

Has the new Library Manager version solved that for you?

If you install "Launch on Boot" (free app from Google Play) it can start any app you want when it cold boots. I have it on Live TV.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... boot&hl=en

The limit seems to be gone but it does seem to take a bit longer to scrape the movies but that's not an issue. Thanks you!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:13 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse iPad app version 3.18 is available on the app store with minor bug fixes and enhancements, most importantly the (obligatory) update to the new Dropbox API.

Note: 10Muse is no longer available for download from the App Store. The system will soon be available exclusively to system integrators.

Users who have already purchased the app will continue using the app, getting updates, as well as be able to download the app to their new iPads (that are on the same Apple account).

New versions of 'Library Manager' will be posted here and can also be requested by email (new support email will be announced soon).

-----------------------------------
10Muse

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:23 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
10Muse iPad app version 3.18 is available on the app store with minor bug fixes and enhancements, most importantly the (obligatory) update to the new Dropbox API.

Note: 10Muse is no longer available for download from the App Store. The system will soon be available exclusively to system integrators.

Users who have already purchased the app will continue using the app, getting updates, as well as be able to download the app to their new iPads (that are on the same Apple account).

New versions of 'Library Manager' will be posted here and can also be requested by email (new support email will be announced soon).

-----------------------------------
10Muse

When trying to sync 10Muse on my iPad to DropBox I get the message "Error loading metadata!", which brought me here.

I see the 10Muse website is gone and I can't update the app on the app store. Says it is no longer available.

Am I SOL or is there another way to stay current with this app and the library. The desktop app is 3.17.1.

I've been using this app pretty much since the beginning. I'd hate to lose it.

Thanks!

Louis

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:45 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Mathelo wrote:
When trying to sync 10Muse on my iPad to DropBox I get the message "Error loading metadata!", which brought me here.

I see the 10Muse website is gone and I can't update the app on the app store. Says it is no longer available.

Am I SOL or is there another way to stay current with this app and the library. The desktop app is 3.17.1.

Thanks!

Louis

It might say it's no longer available but you should be able to update. In the 'App Store' iPad app, under 'Updates', you should see the 10Muse app.

The error message you get should come only for version 3.17 that uses the old Dropbox API. The new version 3.18 will not give that message.

You can check which version of the iPad app you have installed under 'iPad Settings / 10Muse'.

--------------------------------------------
10Muse

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
Mathelo wrote:

Thanks!

Louis

It might say it's no longer available but you should be able to update. In the 'App Store' iPad app, under 'Updates', you should see the 10Muse app.

The error message you get should come only for version 3.17 that uses the old Dropbox API. The new version 3.18 will not give that message.

You can check which version of the iPad app you have installed under 'iPad Settings / 10Muse'.

--------------------------------------------
10Muse

My iPad app is 3.17. I cannot find anything available in the app store. It was available (but didn't work) before I perform the ios update (11.0.1) this morning. Now nothing.

Louis

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:13 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I am getting the same DropBox loading error. I am running 3.18

If this is the end of 10Muse I am going to be royally pissed.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

On my second iPad I have 3.17 and I cannot update to 3.18

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

About not getting the update from 3.17 to 3.18: I keep changing settings and I've contacted Apple support. What's strange, the Apple dev portal reports hundreds of successful updates already.

About 'Error loading metadata' with 3.17: Expected, Dropbox killed the API v1 at September 28.

About 'Error loading metadata' with 3.18: I need to replicate and I haven't yet, all tests showed no problems. One thing you can try is Unlinking Dropbox, closing and reopening the app, then link to your Dropbox account again. I have implemented a mechanism that should spare you that, maybe it's what causing the problem with iOS11.

----------------------------------------------------------
10Muse

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

For me the upgrade went fine. Also noticed that the update is much quicker and I have a large library...

What are the plans for the future?

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next