It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I got my iPad Pro (ios11.0.1) to update to 3.18 by actually deleting the app and reinstalling it. Funny thing was that I tried that yesterday and it could not find it in the app store.

I had to unlink DropBox and link it again. Of course everything has to be loaded again.

So I take it that the old iOS 8.3 version (3.17) will not work any longer? I kept that since I could jailbreak my iPad for added functionalities.

So what happens if Dropbox changes the API again and we need to update the app? Will you still push updates or since the app is no longer in the app store we can't get additional updates?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:54 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
About not getting the update from 3.17 to 3.18: I keep changing settings and I've contacted Apple support. What's strange, the Apple dev portal reports hundreds of successful updates already.

About 'Error loading metadata' with 3.17: Expected, Dropbox killed the API v1 at September 28.

About 'Error loading metadata' with 3.18: I need to replicate and I haven't yet, all tests showed no problems. One thing you can try is Unlinking Dropbox, closing and reopening the app, then link to your Dropbox account again. I have implemented a mechanism that should spare you that, maybe it's what causing the problem with iOS11.

----------------------------------------------------------
10Muse

It shows up in my purchased apps list but no option to upgrade even though I'm still on 3.17. The description even gives the latest update as 3.18. I just can't get to it. :(

Would it help to delete the app and reinstall? I'm hesitant to do this since the app does not show up in the Apple store with a search.

Louis

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Mathelo wrote:

It shows up in my purchased apps list but no option to upgrade even though I'm still on 3.17. The description even gives the latest update as 3.18. I just can't get to it. :(

Would it help to delete the app and reinstall? I'm hesitant to do this since the app does not show up in the Apple store with a search.

Louis

That's what I did. The only way to update it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:43 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Somehow my iPad app is now at 3.18 and synchronization is working again. I don't know why but happy it's back to normal.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78