It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: VIDEO_TS
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:34 pm 

I'm using an HP StorageWorks X510 Data Vault.

The WHS is also used as a video-library, 82 DVD-movies for now ...
I have ripped all my DVD's completely to the WHS in VIDEO_TS-folders.

On our computers we use Windows Media Center to play the movies. No problems there.

In the livingroom I have a Popcorn Hour C-200 to play my movies. Very pleased with it.

Recently I have bought a WD TV HD Live for another room (following all the good reviews).
But I was (a bit) disappointed when I installed it, because it seems that de WD does not play menus from VIDEO_TS-folders and doesn't play (dutch) subtitles when streaming from a media server (http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/det ... b2hMdGs%3D). A bummer!

Are there other media players than the Popcorn Hour C-200 that can play menus from video_ts-folders and can play subtitles from a WHS?

I don't want to recode all the movies to another format.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: VIDEO_TS
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:47 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Netgear NTV-550 is what I'm currently using. It plays DVD and BD rips both from ISO and from folders.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:23 pm 

Will this pop up to where someone will see it?

I have finally plugged in my NTV 550 into my network and while the MSS can see it (the IP address shows up as an enabled media receiver) I cannot get any of the shares to show up. What setting am I missing? Server is connected to WNDR4000 and that is going straight to the NTV 550. I have tried two other routers (both with gigabit ports but not managed) and they did not work either. I had read somewhere where the mixed speeds on the network may prevent devices from seeing each other.

Everyone else seems to have no problems with this. I hope that I am not that stupid. Thanks for you help if anyone sees this.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:49 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

jan.didden wrote:
I'm using an HP StorageWorks X510 Data Vault.

The WHS is also used as a video-library, 82 DVD-movies for now ...
I have ripped all my DVD's completely to the WHS in VIDEO_TS-folders.

On our computers we use Windows Media Center to play the movies. No problems there.

In the livingroom I have a Popcorn Hour C-200 to play my movies. Very pleased with it.

Recently I have bought a WD TV HD Live for another room (following all the good reviews).
But I was (a bit) disappointed when I installed it, because it seems that de WD does not play menus from VIDEO_TS-folders and doesn't play (dutch) subtitles when streaming from a media server (http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/det ... b2hMdGs%3D). A bummer!

Are there other media players than the Popcorn Hour C-200 that can play menus from video_ts-folders and can play subtitles from a WHS?

I don't want to recode all the movies to another format.

Why not get another PCH? I have several PCH A-100s in my house that I use to play Video_TS folders. The A-100 was the first model and can be found on eBay for $50 if you are patient.

Thanks