It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: PS3 help
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I know alot of you guys probably dont mess around with the PS3 anymore for streaming video but until I can afford/build a MSS Im stuck with it right now. I resently had an issue with a MKV file not streaming to it. I understand that the PS3 doesnt recognize MKV but I use PSmediaserver to stream/convert from my computer (wirelessly) to my PS3. I only have an issue with this one file. It stops about 10 seconds into it. It plays fine on my computer though. I also tried to convert the MKV file to a VOB then try to stream but it stops in the same place. Anybody have any ideas??....

Processor= AMD Phenom 2 Black Edition Multi-Core
Ram= 4g HyperX DDr2

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: PS3 help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I use my PS3 all the time for streaming in my living room.

What's the specs of the computer your streaming from? Do you know if the video is being transcoded in this example? Maybe your trying to transcode a high bitrate video file and your pc is choking.

Check these boxes in the ps3mediaserver settings:

Under Transcoding Settings > Common transcode settings, check the boxes for "Remux when audio track is AC3" & "Remux DVD ISO video track"
Under Transcoding Settings > MEncoder > Check "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video..."

If the underlying video and audio are compatible with the PS3 these options will have ps3mediaserver just re-mux the stream instead of transcode. Transcoding the video is a lot more taxing on the host pc.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thank you for your response...when I get home Ill check the settings in PS3mediaserver...I have never messed with any setting on it so its all on the "default" setting I would imagine...I tried a different movie today on it and its stopping a few seconds into it also...I am trying to figure out my DVDFab to back up my BR collection so its a learning proccess. I think my problem is that Im using HD Audio...and I need to set it to AC3 in the DVDFab settings...but thats a whole other story

BTW..I dont have my computer infront of me at this time but its brand new Dell XPS with a I5 proccessor so I think its powerful enough...havent have any issues until recently

Ram= 4g HyperX DDr2

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I checked my settings in PSmediaserver and they are already checked as you specified.......

Ram= 4g HyperX DDr2

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I don't have this box checked...but in your situation, if your trying to stream DTS audio, maybe it's required. There's a checkbox for "DTS/FLAC to LPCM" near those same settings.

My PS3 and my server are both wired, and I have no issues streaming. The ps3 only has wireless G, this could definitely be a problem with high bitrate HD content. You could try wiring them to rule out network performance being the issue.

Other than that, I'm not sure. If you say it starts to play the video, then I assume it's not a file format compatability issue. If there was an issue with the format of the audio or video stream, the PS3 would pop up that "unsupported file type" error (or however it's worded).

You could try running MediaInfo,http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en, and copy/paste the results from "View > Text" here, maybe someone will spot what's wrong with the video file itself. But since your saying it starts and then stops, it doesn't sound like a format problem.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:01 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

My PS3 is wired but computer is wireless. I streamed some non-HD shows last night with no issues. I agree its not a compatablitly issue....I also tried to "copy" the file with my PS3 using PSmediaserver and it downloads the movie but it stops in the same place it was stopping when I was streaming....weird....The next couple days Ill have some time to mess with it more and maybe try some movies that I know have worked in the past to see what happens....

Ram= 4g HyperX DDr2

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:15 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

UPDATE.....I streamed several other HD movies/tv shows without any issues. It must be a glitch in these two moves..maybe I encoded weird...Still dont know why they plan fine on my computer but NOT the PS3. I think Ill just put these on the back burner and when I buy/build a MSS Ill see if they play. Thanx for the help

Ram= 4g HyperX DDr2

Thanks