It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Airplay issue
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have an HP EX490. I never bothered to install iTunes on the Server because I always heard horror stories about it crashing the whole server. But with the advent of Airplay, I decided it was worth the risk to be able to stream all of my media from one central location that was always on. I installed iTunes right before iOS 4.3 was released and it worked fine. Home Sharing worked great. After picking up my iPad 2 on launch day, I tried to connect. Bam! Streaming movies and music with no issues to my iPhones and iPads.

A day later, it stopped working all of the time. My devices are recognized, but they won't connect to the server library's. It's almost as if the library is not broadcasting its ID. I've tried and tried and the Share from the server just won't come up. Do you guys have any tips, or a fix for this? The share does show up on my iMac when I load iTunes, so it is sharing, but only the iMac share shows now when trying to use Airplay. I can play anything on the server on my iMac. Please help!

Thanks either way.

PS3

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!