It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 pm 

I recently bought a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit and I re-installed DB Poweramp on the new machine. I set up the program to rip CD's to my HP Media Server music folder as I had it set up on the old computer (Vista 32 bit). I continue to get errors when I try to rip a file. The error message says that DB Poweramp can not access the folder. I can access the folder via windows explorer and also through remote desktop. I am at a loss what to try next. Any suggestions? I'm sure this is something simple, but it is evading me. I am not be any means savvy with computers, but I'm not completely dense either. Somewhere in between.

About the only thing I can think of, is that I have not installed the windows home server console on my new computer, as I did not think I need it seeing how I generally use the remote desktop interface. Could this be part of my problem?

The only thing I use the server for is my music files. I use it with the Squeeze Box Duet and have Squeeze Box installed on the server. The server is an older 475 model.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:50 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I use pretty much the exact same setup as you. I run Windows 7 64bit, and I use dbPowerAmp CD Ripper to rip directly to the Music share on my EX-475 server. I have no problems whatsoever. There is no reason dbPowerAmp should not work. dbPowerAmp even has a product (RipNAS) running Windows Home Server.

I assume you can write and create folders on the share in Windows explorer?

What version of dbPowerAmp are you using? I am running the latest version, R14, but I used the previous version R13.5 (I believe) without problems as well. As for earlier versions, I don't know how compatible they are with 64bit Windows.

If you haven't already, check the forums at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/ as well.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm 

I think I know what's going on, but I don't know how to fix it.

I can not drop any file onto the server. It says I do not have permission. I can log onto the sever via remote desktop just fine, can look at all the files on the server, etc, but I can not add files to any folders.

I tried to run the EX475 set up disk on my new computer, but it will not run. Say's it's a 64 bit system and "to check the Internet".

Fighting with this is getting old....

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm 

The problem is resolved. It was because I did not have WHS connector installed on the new computer. The server had automatically downloaded and installed it, so was able to install the connector (tool box 1.1) on my computer via the shared software folder on the server.

Thanks