It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ayone else had this problem?

Pre-PP1, I would leave 2 laptops in my home in standby mode overnight. My MSS would wake the laptops and backup to the MSS and then the laptops would return to standby mode. I had always been impressed with this as my laptops use wireless connections for the network and I've never been able to get wireless Wake On LAN to work like my wired NICs!

However, post installing PP1 the MSS has failed to wake the 2 laptops for backup even though there is now an option in backup configuration to wake computers in standby/hibernate mode which is obviously ticked?

Although PP1 installed without any problems (and I'm enjoying some of the new additions), I got various erors when updating the WHS Connector software on each laptop. Should I uninstall the WHS Connector and re-install. If I unistall and re-install do I lose the 'relationship' between the MSS and the client and consequently lose all the previous backups too?

Any advice appreciated!

HP ProCurve GigaBit Network Switch
HP Media Vault MV2010 2x500GB

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

From my experiences it is safe to uninstall and reinstall the connector software. The connector does not 'track' what back-ups have been performed and so you won't lose access to any of your back-ups already on the server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:45 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thanks tojofi.

I've played with quite a lot of the settings on the MSS and various software installs but I've alsways just left the Connector software 'as is' becuase previously it always worked!

I'll give it a go

HP ProCurve GigaBit Network Switch
HP Media Vault MV2010 2x500GB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]