It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:31 pm 

Ever since I loaded PP1 I cannot load my Home server from the icon in the task bar. The log-in page comes up but afetr it accepts the password it loads a blank page.
I loaded the new connector software (twice) but that is not the issue.

Attachments:
Home Sever Capture.JPG
Home Sever Capture.JPG [ 10.58 KiB | Viewed 16421 times ]

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:47 pm 

Have you ever remote desktoped into the MSS before? If so have you tried since PP1?

If not try that so you can at least see if the console comes up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

sphami wrote:
Ever since I loaded PP1 I cannot load my Home server from the icon in the task bar. The log-in page comes up but afetr it accepts the password it loads a blank page.
I loaded the new connector software (twice) but that is not the issue.

Sometimes I've gotten the blue screen like that and just waiting a long time will eventually allow it to load.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am 

I can remote in and the desktop does come up. I have waited for 30 minutes with the screen up and it doesn't change. What is intyerseting is it does it on all three computers in the house running, Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium. I haven;t tried it with my XP box yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:36 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

My console came back after my Server did a hard reboot.

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1810

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

sphami wrote:
I can remote in and the desktop does come up. I have waited for 30 minutes with the screen up and it doesn't change. What is intyerseting is it does it on all three computers in the house running, Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium. I haven;t tried it with my XP box yet.

I have this same problem. The console takes a long time to open and when it does I only get the blank screen. It is interesting that it gets the correct background color but does not load any of the desktop. I tried reinstalling the client software but that does not help. Also, it is the same on all three of my Vista client machines. I can fix it by rebooting the server but the problem reoccurs in a few days.

HP support says that it is probably McAfee bogging down the server and to uninstall that addin. Did that and it does not help. Also uninstalled PVConnect but that does not help either. I am out of ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Etoa Nrish wrote:
HP support says that it is probably McAfee bogging down the server and to uninstall that addin. Did that and it does not help. Also uninstalled PVConnect but that does not help either. I am out of ideas.

Now that you've uninstalled these add-ins, reboot the server. This did it for me.

If the server reboot doesn't do it, how did you upgrade the connector? In my case I ended up completely removing the old connector from each of my Vista machines and then reinstalling the connector using the URL http://servernamehere:55000

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

tojofi wrote:
Etoa Nrish wrote:

Now that you've uninstalled these add-ins, reboot the server. This did it for me.

If the server reboot doesn't do it, how did you upgrade the connector? In my case I ended up completely removing the old connector from each of my Vista machines and then reinstalling the connector using the URL http://servernamehere:55000

Hope this helps.

I know that rebooting the server will solve the problem because I have done it previously even before uninstalling the addins. The question is, did that really solve the problem or will it come back as it has before. I guess only time will tell.

I upgraded the connector via the http://servername:55000 route. In observing the process I thought one of the things which it said it was doing was removing the old connector. I guess that is something to explore if the problem returns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:51 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I got the blue screen console problem after installing the Community Feeds add-in. Would appreciate any advice. Should I just remote desktop to the server and uninstall this add-in? The console worked fine until I installed this add-in.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]