It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I am unable to or simply blind, but have yet to find where I can verify that PP1 was installed & correctly based off of a version# somewhere / anywhere.

Everything did install through MS update & HP updates just fine. I saw & installed PV Connect, disabled McAfee warning etc. I have also updated the connector software on each machine, however never prompted for the additional wakeup config feature.

I am showing in HW Status Software V1.3.6.21622
HP Soft Updates show the correct install date & links to the 1.3 update.

My issue is simply this. Since all seems well, why do I not see the new features listed below from the PP1 Release doc? The items below should be easily identified yes?

A few items that dont seem to be showing up for me:

* While you are installing the Connector software, you are asked if you want to wake the computer up for backups during the nightly backup time. By default, if the computer is in sleep mode or hibernate mode, it is set to wake up for a nightly backup.

* A new option is in the Windows Home Server Connector tray icon. You can choose whether you want a home computer to wake up from sleep or hibernation mode for a backup.

* When you add or edit a user account in the Console, you can use a new Remote Access option to specify if the user account can access the Computers tab, the Shared Folders tab, or both.

* A new Views drop-down list is on the Shared Folders tab in Remote Access. You can use the Views list to see the files in a shared folder either as a list of files (Details view) or as thumbnails (Icons view). In Icons view, the majority of the picture files are represented as a thumbnails, and the rest of the non-picture files and folders are displayed as large icons.

Thanks in advance.....
PS. Anyone know how or have to do a PP1 Repair / uninstall, re-install?

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Go in to add/remove programs, check the "show updates" box at the time and scroll down to see the "windows home server pp1" entry. Do you have the new addins that come with pp1? McAfee and PVConnect?
Check out http://server:55000/ to install the latest connector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:27 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Checked Add / Remove Programs prior to post & again just now. The "Windows Home Server PP1" entry is not listed. Thats the item I was looking for & wondered why it would not show in the list since I do in fact have the new add-ins, but only installed PV Connect. PV Connect does show in the console & I have disable the McAfee alerts.

So it would seem that something did not go rite with the install of PP1 through the auto updates.

I suppose next step is to run PP1 manually to see if it will do a repair & go from there.

Post back status when done. If any other advice on this, let me know.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:08 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks again Mitch.....The entry in add/remove is exactly what I wanted to verify.

I have simply manually installed PP1 & then verified the entry. Then prompted as normal to do the connector updates which I did as well.

All running as it should & all functional items avail & verified.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Newtek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:27 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Quote:
So it would seem that something did not go rite with the install of PP1 through the auto updates.

PP1 is still a manual install until August.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Only the HP update is automatic as of now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks everyone...obviously I missed that little tidbit in my focus on getting my WHS fully configured =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]