It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:12 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Whups, title got truncated. It's supposed to read:
Anyone else been having "issues" with Lights Out after PP1?

I had no issues with this add-in while running the pre-release of PP1. In the list of services to disable/enable when going in and out of hibernation I had "DriveExtenderMigrator,HPNetMon,HPHealthMon,HPDiskMon." Since I have the servers LEDs turned off, at night when the server would hibernate all of the lights when turn on, and then the server would immediately hibernate.

Now that I have removed the pre-release and installed the final build of PP1, when the server goes to sleep the lights come on as normal, but the Health status LED blinks for about 10 seconds before the server hibernates. The server taking 10 seconds instead of 1 second to hibernate is superficial, but I'm more concerned if there should be a cause for alarm with the health LED blinking blue like that; it could mean a number of things.

I've checked the server's event logs and there's nothing out of the ordinary at the time of hibernation. I did add Twonky to the list of services to disable/enable, but that had no effect.

Anyone else notice Lights Out behave differently after PP1? Thanks.

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 am 
Founder
Founder

Sounds like it's taking longer to hibernate than before, possibly due to additional addins. The health light blinking means that HP Disk Mon service has stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:13 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I've noticed the same thing here that the light blinks for what seems like a very long time after waking up from hibernate since loading the final PP1. It looks like we have similar setups and I just added the Twonky service myself about 5 minutes ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

FrostByte wrote:
I've noticed the same thing here that the light blinks for what seems like a very long time after waking up from hibernate since loading the final PP1. It looks like we have similar setups and I just added the Twonky service myself about 5 minutes ago.

Let me know if you find anything more. I ended up removing Twonky from the list since it seemed to have no effect on the server's ability to hibernate. But I did notice yesterday (before removing it from the list of services to disable) that my PS3 didn't recognize any files on Twonky until I rebooted the MSS. I had been playing with some of the configurations, so it's likely that could have played an equal part.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]