It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:47 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Power Pack 1 has been released to manufacturing and Microsoft Downloads.

Click below to read more at the developer blog

http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2008/07/21/power-pack-1-come-and-get-it.aspx

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I never installed the beta PP1 software so when I head today at work that the update had been "offically" released I was planning to spend tonight uploading the new programs.

Much to my surprise and delight, when I got home my MSS had already downloaded and installed the new programs. I had two new add-in's ready to install and my software version was showing 1.3.

You got to love it when it all comes together......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:46 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

rhbeall wrote:
I never installed the beta PP1 software so when I head today at work that the update had been "offically" released I was planning to spend tonight uploading the new programs.

Much to my surprise and delight, when I got home my MSS had already downloaded and installed the new programs. I had two new add-in's ready to install and my software version was showing 1.3.

You got to love it when it all comes together......

That is just the HP 1.3 update. It is not PP1. You have to get PP1 from Microsoft's website.

www.scc-media.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:14 am 

Thanks for this thread - extremely helpful for those like me with limited experience of WHS.
Please could i just clarify - is the PP1 going to appear as an "update" to install on the HP Server software console at all (or indeed have auto- installed as I have auto-update enabled) , or only that it can be installed completely manually through the microsoft website area (I think I have understood from this thread that it is the latter only, but i dont want to do anything wrong - i havent got any beta-software etc).
(I appreciate that the HP update is a different piece of software - this has already installed last night on my server - it is all a bit confusing that they were released on the same day - presumably not a coincidence)

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:25 am 

apologies for parts of my last post as i wrote it before reading the microsoft PP1 update overview - it says there it will be available for automatic update - is that now, or in the future? (I would prefer to wait until it downloads automatically as I am no expert in all this!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

PP1 will be available via Windows Update from w/c 12th August

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 am 

Thanks for that. I have now read all the relevant threads in this section (quite a few!) and I am very grateful - without them, i would be very confused! This is definitely the best place to learn about WHS, let alone HPMSS, for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:14 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

PP1 has been smooth for me so far, but my Lights Out add-in failed to function last night. I'm guessing I need to add PVConnect to the list of services to stop before hibernating.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3