It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I spent time customizing my remote access web site----family picture, customized links etc.

If I install PP1----will it mess up that customization???

How about the HP Photo Share site???

I gather that if I have the April HP update-----I should basically hold off installing PP1 till HP releases their 1.3 update....

WHS 2011 with 12 TB storage, 5 connected PCs: 1-Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit, 2-Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, 2-Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, DLink DIR-655 Wireless N Gigabit Router, HP MediaSmart TV, Roku Media Player, Apple TV2, iPhone 4, iPad2 3G

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Sadly, yes.. Everything gets reset and the Microsoft chosen family gets an unwelcome return.

Photoshare is fine though, no changes from PP1.

PP1 seems has some issues with 1.2 and 1.3, and these are mainly add-on related. Basically, if you have any add-ins you havent installed yet, move them out of the add-in folder.

Post subject: Backup
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:58 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Cougar----can I just backup the files I modded on the server to customize my site (do you know which ones those would be as it's been 6 months and I've forgotten)...

Then just copy those files back once PP1 is installed???

Probably a good idea to have a save version of those anyway....

And what about the custom Security Certificate I did with Go-Daddy to get rid of that constant nagging security warning when I tapped my site remotely.

will it get rid of that too???----or will it still be in there and once I revert back to my purchased domain with TZO it will automatically kick in again.......

Geesh---I hope not----that was a lot of trial and error work.....

WHS 2011 with 12 TB storage, 5 connected PCs: 1-Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit, 2-Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, 2-Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, DLink DIR-655 Wireless N Gigabit Router, HP MediaSmart TV, Roku Media Player, Apple TV2, iPhone 4, iPad2 3G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:17 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Quote:
Cougar----can I just backup the files I modded on the server to customize my site (do you know which ones those would be as it's been 6 months and I've forgotten)...

Then just copy those files back once PP1 is installed???

Really depends on what you changed, backup the png's in home and remote (i_landingpage_main.png and i_default_photo.png respectively), they will be overwritten. The links youve probably done in default.aspx or in websites.xml. The former gets overwritten, the latter is fine (but I'd backup these anyway.) Maybe it would be easier to look at the modified dates on the files in these folders to see what you have changed? Changing the aspx files us not a good idea though, the aspx files are likely to get updated with new code, and you'd end up having to compare old and new versions.

Quote:
Probably a good idea to have a save version of those anyway....

Yep

Quote:
And what about the custom Security Certificate I did with Go-Daddy to get rid of that constant nagging security warning when I tapped my site remotely.

will it get rid of that too???----or will it still be in there and once I revert back to my purchased domain with TZO it will automatically kick in again.......

That should be fine, as its bound to your external name which wont be changing.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:56 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I think it was all .xml changes...

All I did was add change picture from the generic family to mine----adjust the size a tad

Then I used a WHS add-in to modify and add links

https://www.risneyland.com

But good idea about the modified file dates....

any word from HP when a solid 1.3 update should arrive????

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hey folks...

I've hacked the heck outta my WHS box as many of you know, and I have Wordpress, MYSQL, PHP and many other apps running on this - and I REALLY don't want to have it mess with all my additional host header website redirects, my wordpress install, etc

Does anyone have any idea if the PP1 screws up all of these things? ANy help would be great, I don't dare install it if it's going to kill all my customizing!

Post subject: Broken SSL Certificate
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:14 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Cougar wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That should be fine, as its bound to your external name which wont be changing.

PP1 broke the SSL Security Certificate somehow-----IE gives the warning that it was issued for a different website....

any ideas how to fix that???

Everything works again just fine----and I have my custom pic back on my remoste site....

I'm just getting that stupid warning again???

Will I have to reissue a certificate again and reinstall it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:35 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Hmmm, can you post a screenshot?

Post subject: Screen Shots
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Screen Shots attached:

Cert Error1 is what it looks like in IE when I go to my remote site...

Cert Error2 is when I click on the line in the first screen that says "go to that page aanyway"

Edit: Screen shots deleted for privacy purposes.....

Thanks for the reminder Cougar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:29 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Sorry, my bad. I meant the cert info, but i can get that now.

Just a reminder to all, careful posting your domain names and public IP's.

Post subject: Think I fixed it....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Think it's fixed....

I reassigned the certificate through IIS

Seems to have done the trick......

Post subject: PP1 Holdout
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Im holding out on PP1 until I can guarantee that it wont mess with my wordpress install on my server. Anyone have wordpress and customized websites other than the WHS and HP sites on their box?

Just wondering if anyone has had PP1 break your customized sites such as wordpress or other domains running on your server?

Thanks for any assistance or info

-Eric

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]