It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:02 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Hi everyone:

It seems that a year or two ago, I had this working, and it had taken a lot to get to that point.

However, it isn't working at this point. There are several possible explanations I can come up with off the top of my head, including that I have changed from DSL to cable, my router went through some sort of strange issue recently so I reset it, and that definitely caused some temporary issues with recognizing this or that networked device. Also, at some point last year I had to get on the phone with HP to do some sort of reset and recovery of my EX 475 (not related to the two drives, they are fine).

Anyway, I don't know what the issue is, but are there one or two things to look at that sometimes work out? My recollection of the tortuous process of getting this to work a couple years ago is that it involved some firmware update of the MSS ethernet card or something, even though HP was (IIRC) not helpful on that one.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

jlsoaz wrote:
Hi everyone:

It seems that a year or two ago, I had this working, and it had taken a lot to get to that point.

However, it isn't working at this point. There are several possible explanations I can come up with off the top of my head, including that I have changed from DSL to cable, my router went through some sort of strange issue recently so I reset it, and that definitely caused some temporary issues with recognizing this or that networked device. Also, at some point last year I had to get on the phone with HP to do some sort of reset and recovery of my EX 475 (not related to the two drives, they are fine).

Anyway, I don't know what the issue is, but are there one or two things to look at that sometimes work out? My recollection of the tortuous process of getting this to work a couple years ago is that it involved some firmware update of the MSS ethernet card or something, even though HP was (IIRC) not helpful on that one.

I seem to have been able to fix this by following a path recommended at WeGotServed.com in the lightsout forum. I can't quite find the exact thread this moment, but the gist of the answer seems to have been to remote desktop into the WHS, go into the control panel and modify the network card so that the WHS will not shut down power to the card during hibernation.

Thanks