It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm 
Founder
Founder

peste, I've seen your warnings on one other system and am working with that person to figure out how the system gets in that state. Basically the server has registry entries for a client that doesn't exist, and they are malformed entries. However, I believe this should not affect the BDBB backups. Are you backing up to Server Storage or an external drive? The error indicates a problem with the device that you are trying to backup to.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:34 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
peste, I've seen your warnings on one other system and am working with that person to figure out how the system gets in that state. Basically the server has registry entries for a client that doesn't exist, and they are malformed entries. However, I believe this should not affect the BDBB backups. Are you backing up to Server Storage or an external drive? The error indicates a problem with the device that you are trying to backup to.

i am backing it up to the server storage

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm 
Founder
Founder

peste, are you clicking around in the Console after initiating the backup? Try starting a BDBB backup and just leave the console alone and see if it completes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
peste, are you clicking around in the Console after initiating the backup? Try starting a BDBB backup and just leave the console alone and see if it completes.

thats what i do, i just go to the option and click on backup, it asks me where to backup and than it says start or something and i just let it go and than after a while it shows that error that i wrote previously about failed backup

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm 
Founder
Founder

peste, can you share screenshots of your BDBB "Create Backup" dialog, and your Server Storage tab? I also recommend backing up to a dedicated backup drive rather than the storage pool, for better safety.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
peste, can you share screenshots of your BDBB "Create Backup" dialog, and your Server Storage tab? I also recommend backing up to a dedicated backup drive rather than the storage pool, for better safety.

here they are

Attachments:
ss.jpg
ss.jpg [ 131.11 KiB | Viewed 93462 times ]
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg [ 150.36 KiB | Viewed 93462 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm 
Founder
Founder

peste, with only two drives in the system, I'm guessing there is insufficient space on the system drive to do the copy. I'll recommend you use a dedicated backup drive, in the mean time I'll think on ways to handle this scenario.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:09 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
peste, with only two drives in the system, I'm guessing there is insufficient space on the system drive to do the copy. I'll recommend you use a dedicated backup drive, in the mean time I'll think on ways to handle this scenario.

I just attempted to an external drive but still got the same error anyways i still have some space the server storage says i got 256gb of pc backups and i still have 617 gb free

thanks for looking into the problem

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm 
Founder
Founder

Server storage is not the same as available space on the system drive. Use an Add-In like Disk Management to see how much free space you have on your system drive.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:19 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

oh the system drive... duh lol... i got 10gb

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:33 pm 
Founder
Founder

Yeah I think that must be why, some weirdness with Drive Extender. :( I'll look into it some more, thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:40 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

many thanks Alex, I did as you suggested and i was now able to install.

add in look great.

also tried to uninstall my movies and again it did not let me and i had to use the tool. (after also trying add/remove programs.)
removing whstoolkit via console was possible.

Again, many thanks for your help!!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 am 
Founder
Founder

Jaap, glad that worked, thanks for following up!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am 

First of all, outstanding add-in, probably the cream of the crop...

Question about the server thresholds.

Is there any special values to totally disable the warnings (i.e. 0) in the case you don't really care if a system is backed up at all or not?
Or is it just recommended to just put in some gigantic values that would push the warnings off to in essence infinity?

Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:09 am 
Founder
Founder

I'm not aware of any special values, but as you suggest setting a couple years should do the trick. But really the best way is to just turn off backups for that PC in the Server Console.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next