It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: WHS Outlook 2.5.7.7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:49 am 

I just installed WHS Outlook, I want to test it first for a few days before I buy it. I had a few issues so far. First I didn't know how to install ONLY Outlook. I remote desktop to my server then I mapped the CD drive on my laptop, I inserted my Office2007 Ultimate CD and the whole Office installed! I wanted only Outlook2007, now how can I fix this? do I need to uninstall Office2007? also when I start Outlook I get prompt to activate Outlook. When I try to activate online I get an error that I reached the maximum of activation for my license, now I think I have a 1 license Office. What do I need to do to fix this? un-activate the copy of Outlook on my laptop? I won't need in the future if I use WHS Outlook with the console or remote access. Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: WHS Outlook 2.5.7.7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:52 pm 

When you installed the software on your server it should of given you the choices of which components to install. It been a long time since I have performed a selective install of the Office Components. Anway this one I do not have a good answer for you accept to uninstall the individual compontents you do not want.

To properly run Outlook on your server there is an Add-In called WHS OUTLOOK which I believe you will need to install to run it properly. Its not a free add-in but it will allow Outlook to be integrated into your server. The same company also has an Add-In for Quicken programs as well.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:25 pm 

That's the add-in I installed (Mike Craven). it requires you to install Outlook first on your server, this outlook has to validate with MSFT in order to work, mine has been already installed+activated on my laptop. That's why I think I need probably to uninstall and/or inactivate. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

For Office, I will see about uninstalling everything and install just Outlook, I'm waiting for suggestion.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 pm 

Just proceed with what you are doing and at the worse it will not activate on your server at which time you can take that up with Microsoft. I have done 2 installs with my office and both have activated just fine. I only really use one version and eventually remove the other for licence issues. Its when you begin to install it all over the place that Microsoft will step on you.

June 15th Office 2010 is comming out and since I do not make heavy use of all the Office Features anymore I will purchase the Home & Student Edition. I kind of got addicted to One Note but I will be purchasing a new copy of Outlook 2010. I only really use Word, Excel, OneNote, and outlook the rest I do not use anymore but I would use VISIO if it were not so damn expensive but I have a flow chart capabilities with other software so I have not purchased a new version of Visio in years...hmmm maybe I can should look to eBay for that.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks