It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 am 

I've got the TiVo expander add-in installed on my EX495 but I do not see the WHS on my TiVo like I would see if I had the TiVo Desktop software installed. Am I missing something or is this not yet available?

I'd like to be able to have my TiVo access both the music and the photographs directly from WHS. Thoughts?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

The Tivo addin on the server has the sole purpose of you dumping your shows on the server in case your tivo hdd fills up.
You cannot watch Tivo shows directly from the server, you must transfer them back to the Tivo to play them.

Taking that into account, I highly doubt it will let you see your music and photos.

This addin is not for streaming, its for storage only.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank element for this post
ewilts
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 am 

element wrote:
The Tivo addin on the server has the sole purpose of you dumping your shows on the server in case your tivo hdd fills up.
You cannot watch Tivo shows directly from the server, you must transfer them back to the Tivo to play them.

Taking that into account, I highly doubt it will let you see your music and photos.

Uggh. They made it look like the TiVo Desktop but only implemented half of it. I'll have to see if it co-exists nicely with Durfee's add-in (http://durfee.net/software/2008/09/tivo ... n-131.html).

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

ewilts wrote:
element wrote:
You cannot watch TiVo shows directly from the server, you must transfer them back to the TiVo to play them.

Uggh. They made it look like the TiVo Desktop but only implemented half of it. I'll have to see if it co-exists nicely with Durfee's add-in (http://durfee.net/software/2008/09/tivo ... n-131.html).

Thanks.

I just installed this add in. My MSS has no problem transferring HD in faster than real time. I just initiated a transfer on my TiVo from the WHS. I was able to start watching it right away. It seems to be transferring at 2x to 3x real time for this HD show. After 5 minutes I already have 14 minutes of show available to watch. It is a 5GB file that is an hour long HD show.

I got 32mbs transfer speed from the Premiere to the WHS. Although I'm transferring from five Premieres concurrently so I'm not sure if that affected the speed any. I'll have to try a transfer from one TiVo and see if it's any faster than 32mbs.

Now if they could add Auto Transfers I could use this regularly instead of my TiVo Desktop Server.
But other than not having Auto Transfers, I really like this add in.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank aaronwt for this post
yakuza