It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:47 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

If you've installed my Home Server SMART add-in, I first want to say thank you. I hope you've found it beneficial and useful, and even more so if it's reported issues to you that enabled you to rescue data before a disk died.

However, I know the tool is not perfect and certainly has some bugs and other room for improvement. Some of them have been brought up on here, as well as on Home Server Land and other sites.

Since I work for a major IT company, Home Server SMART doesn't always get top priority, especially with our family about to grow in a couple of months--the missus and I are expecting our second baby in late April. Between family and my day job, sometimes it's hard to track down issues and respond to every note across multiple sites.

That said, if you're using, or have used, Home Server SMART, I respectfully request (and encourage) you to report any bugs, issues, feature requests, etc. on my site. I installed BugNET, an excellent, full-featured bug/issue tracking tool. You do not need an account to browse, but if you want to report anything, you will need to register. Once you register, you'll get Reporter access to all projects, which allows you to report issues, post comments to existing issues, etc.

Even better, when action is taken on an item you post, you're automatically notified via email!

Please visit http://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/bugtraq to post your issues.
If you're more comfortable using a Secure site, use https://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/bugtraq instead.

Thank you again everyone for your support. I have started work on the next version of Home Server SMART so any items you can post, especially bugs and feature requests, are much appreciated!

Danke, :beerme:
Matt

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!