It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 pm 

Hi
I have succesfully installed the php and mysql add ins and both work accordingly. I am new to php and mysql and i am trying to set up an enviroment were i can develop my pages in dreamweaver on my pc using php and mysql on whs.
Is it possible and if so what to i need to do?
I am running Dreamweaver CS4 and i have a custom built server running whs on my local network.
Any help would be would great.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:10 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I'm not a user of Dreamweaver but I'd expect it's possible. I've been doing a load of work using Expression Web locally on my PC and then publish it to my server when ready. All you need to do is create a Virtuall Directory in IIS on the server and copy the files over to that location.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
mukuzvazva
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm 

Hi thanks for the reply I didnt give the full picture.
I want to be able to develop and test my websites from all the computors in my house, once developed i will then upload and host with a web hosting company.
I have dreamweaver on all my pc's and they all connect to whs, so it makes sence to insall php and mysl on one central machine(whs) and save my sites in a shared folder(on my whs) called Web Design.
Problem at the moment is i can create php pages but i have to save them in the c drive where my php installation is inorder to test them before i upload, thats time consuming and not ideal. I have not mapped any drives on my whs and i don't really want to do so.
I want to be able to save and test my php files from the d drive of my whs(shared folders/user/me/webdesign).
Will i need to move my php installation to the d drive as it is currently in the c drive(if possible, how?)
Will i need to uninstall the add in and install php manually?
If i cannot use dreamweaver, then i will opt to use xampp on one pc.....mmmm...can i install xampp on whs or can i configure dreamweaver to use ftps instead.
(As you can tell, i am very new to this and don't know a great deal about web servers and servers in general)

Thanks