It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Now that PP3 is installed with the connectors, I have successfully tested the recording of a TV show and automatic movement to the MSS. Yeah! Msft now does what TV Manager has been doing for over a year. (on a side note, the WTV format was a surprise, as I had upgraded to Win7. Had to scramble to find the TV Pack so my Vista clients could play WTV files).

So, I RDP'd into MSS and uninstalled TV Manager. I made the choice to uninstall that way. I guess I made the wrong choice, because TV Manager is still showing up in the Console Add-In section. Even though it was successfully uninstalled in the RDP session.

I rebooted the MSS to no effect.

I'd really like the list of installed products to reflect reality. Do I re-install TV Manager and then uninstall via the console? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Adam
Bethesda, MD

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:29 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Use this, http://www.asoft.be/prod_addincleanup.html

Remember, this app goes in the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server folder, not the Software/Addins folder.

I like TV Manager because it has the nice UI and you can set a time to move the recordings, beacuse some people find that if PP3 is moving a show over to the server while it's recording a new show, the image will stutter. That's a reason to keep TV Manager.

John (homeservershow).

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Diehard for this post
bethesdaadk