It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: iTunes 9 add in
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 pm 

I want to run iTunes 9 on my EX495. I placed the .msi files in the software/add-ins folder, but when I go into console, I don't see the files there (I did reboot). I have already modified the .msi files to install, as I've done successfully on my EX485. Any ideas?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: iTunes 9 add in
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:14 am 

Welcome to the forums!!!!

You might take a look at this thread and let us know if that helps.

MediaSmartServer.net Wiki, it's loaded with helpful information about WHS and the HP MediaSmart Server.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:28 am 

Thanks for replying. It doesn't help, however. Those instructions worked fine on my EX485, but the 3.0 software on the EX495 doesn't work the same way. That's where I'm stuck...

For instance, on the EX485 when I RDC in, I'm logging into WHS directly, in the EX495, when you RDC in, you get an HP GUI with no access to Server 2003. Any additional ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of this GUI you see; as this wouldnt be what I would expect when you Remote Desktop in?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:06 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

jeffvan wrote:
For instance, on the EX485 when I RDC in, I'm logging into WHS directly, in the EX495, when you RDC in, you get an HP GUI with no access to Server 2003. Any additional ideas would be appreciated!

That's strange... Maybe 495 is somehow different from 490, but when I RDC into my 490 it looks exactly the same as RDCing into any other PC/OS - with default Windows screen, toolbar, etc...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 pm 

Yeah, I was using the wrong login. When I logged in as [My Server Name]\Administrator that did the trick. I was able to add iTunes 9 after doing some of the tricks mentioned in some of the linked threads provided below. Funny, because when I added for the EX485, the only trick I had to employ was modifying the msi's from 501 to 502. I had to do all kinds of gyrations for the EX495.
Anyhow, I finishing copying over the last of the files...next up, eBay for the EX485 :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:14 pm 

I think it may have a lot to do with some big differences in the code for iTunes 9.

MediaSmartServer.net Wiki, it's loaded with helpful information about WHS and the HP MediaSmart Server.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Texas-Hansen for this post
jeffvan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:22 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hey Jeffvan,
I have held off on re-installing v.9 due to the bugs and I am curious about 9.0.1. Have you noticed any library problems or genius problems? My main reason for dumping 9 was Airtunes would not work correctly if at all, do you use this feature of iTunes and if so, is it working now?

Thanks

Early to rise early to bed, makes a man healthy... but socially dead.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 pm 

I'm only using iTunes 9 to utilize the "Home Sharing" feature, so I haven't used airtunes, or other features. I will say that it seems to run as normally as on any client. Sorry i can't be of more help...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 am 

OK, got iTunes 9 running on my EX495. Now I would like to solve the error message I get when I launch iTunes:
“iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly.”
When I clear this error, iTunes runs fine. The problem is I can't put iTunes in the start up folder to start automatically when I reboot the Server for any reason because it won't launch until the error is cleared.
Anyone solve this?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:49 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I am running the current version (9.0.3) on my 475 for use with my AppleTV. Everything works fine for me - no problems at all.

I followed the instructions from this thread - read the 4th reply. I regularly have 1 error message that pops up after the installation when I run iTunes for the first time (don't remember the exact message but something about an error in the installation) but I click the 'x' to close the box (not 'OK') and then iTunes runs as does AppleTV functionality - and I never again get the message - don't know what that's about...

As for the no sound card error... I am running the script found on this thread. When I schedule to load iTunes upon system startup, everything works - but I don't see iTunes running when I RDC... My AppleTV and home network streaming works as though it is running, though... don't know what's up with that. This isn't really an issue for me as long as everything else works.

You really need to read the wiki article on AppleTV here as there is good information about how iTunes works on the MSS. Toward the bottom there is a section with scripts. I really like the script that searches for new media and adds it to iTunes automatically - this way, I use a client PC to purchase songs from iTunes, download podcasts and sync with my iPod/iPhone and the MSS streams all content - even new content to my AppleTV without me every thinking about it. There's also a nice script that removes duplicated or dead tracks. Everything just works with the info I found in these threads! Good stuff... Hope this helps!

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank hestaman for this post
jeffvan