It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Is there an add in program like Fireplay that handles videos so i can get away from Twonky and all its inheiret issues. I want something that will ACTUALLY recognize my videos, especially actually showing my converted videos and deleting the DB on Twonky and rebuilding it does nothing, even a week later. I am already using Fireplay for music and Coppermine added on for photos, but I cant seem to find anything decent for the videos where I dont have to create links for every video I want online.

I didnt really find any topics about this, but if they are there please point me in the right direction

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:23 am 

I'd suggest installing "Orb" onto your server

It seems to run stable and there is even an iphone app for it

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:43 am 

Also take a look at TVersity

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:32 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I just tried both ORB and Tvirsity and neither are going to work. I am trying to find something similiar to Twonky where it streams directly from the media server page. Tvirsity looks great of you are streaming locally to misc items (xbox, wii, etc) but doesnt look promising for internet streams. Orb looks better for internet streams, I just dont want to use their website for it.

Looks like I will have to open Flexbuilder and start designing my own video stream site for the MSS, Unless of course by some miracle Twonky actually STARTS working. Even deleting and rebuilding the database wont recognize or display anything in the converted videos folders which is by largest issue with Twonky

Last edited by jburke232 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 pm 
Founder
Founder

Let us know if you'd like help troubleshooting the Twonky issue.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:22 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Let us know if you'd like help troubleshooting the Twonky issue.

I have already gone through all the other threads regarding issues with Twonky. I stopped the service, deleted the database, restarted the service and rebuilt the database and it still wont recognize anything in the converted videos folder (let it sit for 24 hrs to allow plenty of time to rebuild database). I even migrated all the converted videos from their subfolder structure (eg: converted videos/hq/dvds/<dvd title>/<converted file>.mp4) to the actual root of their perspective folders (eg: converted videos/hq/<dvd title>/<converted file>.mp4) and still nothing shows up on the media page under converted - hq or converted - mq. I even double (and triple) checked to make sure the converted videos folder is added in media sharing folders in Twonky settings. Only thing I havent tried yet is to move the actual converted videos straight to the hq or mq root folders, removing them from their folder that displays the movie's title.

From what I can tell, deleting and rebuilding the database typically seems to work for everyone else, mine is just posessed ](*,)

I would love to get twonky working instead of trying to find, or write, another solution, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:14 pm 
Founder
Founder

Ok, so you've dropped some files into the Videos Folder and set up the Video Converter to convert them to a mobile format. And that has completed successfully?

Next, you've added the Converted Videos file to the Twonky watched folders.

Finally, you've re-built the Twonky DB. And still no files show up on the Videos tab of the Web Streaming page?

Did you try toggling the drop-down to show All files? Have you tried the "Create log" and "View Log" options on the Twonky settings tab? Do the converted files play correctly in a program such as Windows Media Player?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Go figure. right after I posted the one above, I get it working.

I had to completely uninstall 5.0.2 and reinstall. Now everything shows up for music/photos and videos including both HQ and MQ conveted. Hopefully I can get it to recognize the other 100 dvds I still need to convert.

Thanks for makin the hampster spin the wheel, and thanks for the offer of help. Love this site, found quite a bit of useful info here.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:20 pm 
Founder
Founder

Great to hear you got it working! :encore:

Thanks